Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My crappy night has now turned into something I will ask help for, the last post was really just a rant. Anyway....

I boot to my trusty XP disc and choose to install extra drivers. My primary drive Raptor Jr. is plugged into the VIA Raid 1. I used the VIA drivers from my P4C800-E Deluxe driver disc. I am pretty sure they are the same. If someone knows any different, please let me know. So I pick the repair option, and XP tells me that it cannot find any drives. I reboot and verify that the POST shows both my Raptor Jr and another SATA drive on the Promise controller. This time I choose to do a fresh install. Again I am greeted with no drives. I have checked and double checked all of the connections.

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quote:

Originally Posted by BFRD

My crappy night has now turned into something I will ask help for, the last post was really just a rant. Anyway....

I boot to my trusty XP disc and choose to install extra drivers. My primary drive Raptor Jr. is plugged into the VIA Raid 1. I used the VIA drivers from my P4C800-E Deluxe driver disc. I am pretty sure they are the same. If someone knows any different, please let me know. So I pick the repair option, and XP tells me that it cannot find any drives. I reboot and verify that the POST shows both my Raptor Jr and another SATA drive on the Promise controller. This time I choose to do a fresh install. Again I am greeted with no drives. I have checked and double checked all of the connections.

OK, they ARE different. My desire to save the two minutes of download has bitten me in the rump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts