Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have narrowed the problem down to having localized indexing files..

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\indexed\settings\en-US

At the above location, it has all the indexes for control panel. However, they are in a localized folder. When I change to a new language region (Canadian English) it does not make a new localized index for the control panel.

This index seems like a seperate one from everything else, so even when c drive is fully indexed, it [windows search/cortana] does not find items within the control panel.

I tried renaming the said folder to en-ca, but it did not do anything to solve the issue.

for the time being I put the language and location back to USA, but its easy enough to switch in between, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know, and ill give em a shot!

Thanks
smile.gif

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I just found it within a few hrs of me posting.

I just clean installed windows 10 pro a couple days ago, updated everything, and did the language change (wanted to localize it), after which, I couldn't use cortana to find items in the control panel, nor could I use the search bar in the control panel.

I did some browsing on google about the issue, and there seems to be a multitude of things related to it - its how I ended up finding the control panel index file location. Then I saw that it was localized for US editions, I suspect that is my problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts