Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GTX 1080 Ti Club
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a problem here... not sure if I should return this soundbar or not. I have a Insignia NS-SB515 soundbar with wireless subwoofer and a Samsung UN500JU6500F smart TV. Currently hooked up using RCA to AUX as I don't have an optical cable yet. Soundbar does not have any HDMI out ports.

Is there any possible way to control the soundbar volume using the Samsung TV remote? I've done some searching on Google but seems like my lucks running out.

·
Registered
705 Posts
No, there isn't.
Get a Logitech Harmony universal remote.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Yes, I believe the Samsung Smart TVs have only a line level output, that's all my 6030 has.

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
Only way to control with the stock TV remote, is via ARC. Both your TV and Soundbar need to support ARC through HDMI. Vizio has decent sound bars, my parents have one and I set it up to connect though HDMI.

Though really stock TV remotes have always sucked, if you have a universal cable/dish remote. You can try to program for that.

Otherwise a Harmony Remote is really the way to go, and really always the best way to go IMO. Harmony Remotes are beyond the best you can use, even though setting one up may take some time.

I like my two Harmony 700 and one 600 remote. Had a Harmony One once before, and loved it. But Screen got cracked. Not the biggest fan of the newer Harmony Remotes with touch screens, button placement is beyond crap. Only their highest end version fixed their button placement and the cost is $300+....

While you can get a Harmony 650 for a nice low cost, and it will do everything you ever wished.

I have mine controlling a PC, Fire TV Box, Xbox One, PS3, HDMI Switch, Receiver, TV, And Cable Box. With a single Click of a Button the remote will turn on what needs to be on, change inputs, with no user input needed. Simply the best, no need for pulling out 5 different remotes to do a simple task. Activities on a remote are the way to go!

Granted Most people probably don't have so much going on with their setup.

·
GTX 1080 Ti Club
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that sucks. I started looking into the harmony remote but all I have is the TV and soundbar so not really worth it for me at this point, so I just went ahead and exchanged the soundbar for a Samsung one that has SoundConnect.

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1990 View Post

Well that sucks. I started looking into the harmony remote but all I have is the TV and soundbar so not really worth it for me at this point, so I just went ahead and exchanged the soundbar for a Samsung one that has SoundConnect.
Probably better to get the Vizio one, not sure how good the Samsung audio products are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts