Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, why isn't my cpu at 100% when trying to convert the video? It just stays in the 50-60% range, can I make it try harder? Lol sorry if this is a dumb question.

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
could you get a shot of the "processes" tab?
my guess is that the program is only using 1 or two of the cores (loading 25% or 50%) by itself and the rest is coming from else ware, this is likely due to the coding of the program not capable of taking advantage of multi-core cpus effectively.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

How gay, I think it's only running off 2 cores, converts the movies in about 18 mins though, it'd be sick if it did it in only 9.

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
hmm, if you right click on the process and go to "set affinity" all 4 cores are checked off right?

if so then ya, i looks like the program is only optimized for dual cores.

·
Premium Member
5,997 Posts
You're converting a Divx movie, right?

If so, then that's about as good as you're going to get. The Divx codecs aren't good at using multicore.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
If it's simply converting, Handbrake works well with multicores, but for actually encoding and burning to DVD, Convertx is one of the best.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K thanks guys, it's not slow or anything, but if it could be faster, why not lol. Yea all 4 were checked, I love this program though, never gave me any problems.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
I think the question is that "why with a 56" monitor are you using 1024x768" :|

1 - 9 of 9 Posts