Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I start reading up on how to get the most out of this card? Any custom software I should check out? Also where can I get a nice affordable pair of speakers for it? I know nothing about audio so I don't know if I want 5.1 or 7.1, or what the difference is

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
firstly, DL these drivers. The Daniel K drivers really bring out 100% of the cards capabilities. As for speakers, if you have around $100 to spend, check out the Logitech x-540's, they are just under that with shipping on newegg.

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Software wise, just download the Creative/daniel_k/Youp Pax drivers and you're set. There are guides out there that show you how to "set up" everything.

Define affordable.

5.1 is 3 speakers up front (left, center, right) and two in the back with a subwoofer. 7.1 is the same except there is two side speakers.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by D3TH.GRUNT View Post
firstly, DL these drivers. The Daniel K drivers really bring out 100% of the cards capabilities. As for speakers, if you have around $100 to spend, check out the Logitech x-540's, they are just under that with shipping on newegg.
This.

You can't physically mod the XtremeGamer, however. Only the XtremeMusic. You're SOL mate

Youp Pax drivers and Daniel_K is what I recommend. It's up to you, so try both out.

Logitech X-540's are great 5.1 speakers, I want them so bad. But I had to settle for the X240's because of lack of funds

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well just installed my card and the Daniel_k drivers and I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed at the amount of settings to fiddle with. Any guides in particular?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
what is the difference (if any) between the music and gamer versions of this card? my dad has the gamer version and i have the music.

also, why are the daniel_k drivers so good? i just updated with the most recent drivers that creative suggested when i installed the card.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cretz
View Post

Well just installed my card and the Daniel_k drivers and I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed at the amount of settings to fiddle with. Any guides in particular?

Not really

Just mess around with the settings and you'll eventually figure it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psi_guy
View Post

what is the difference (if any) between the music and gamer versions of this card? my dad has the gamer version and i have the music.

also, why are the daniel_k drivers so good? i just updated with the most recent drivers that creative suggested when i installed the card.

There isn't any huge difference between the two cards.

The Daniel_K drivers and Youp Pax drivers are shown so much love because lots of people have issues with Creative's drivers or they just want to do more tweaking. I suggest you try out both the Youp Pax and Daniel_k and figure it out yourself which of the three you like more

Just sent my XtremeMusic off for RMA and should be back sometime early next week

1 - 11 of 11 Posts