Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

here is where i stand:

p4 1.8 @ 2.52
1gig corsair 3200
temps: 36-37 idle, 40-47 load (depending on how much...)
@ 1.65 vcore

i want lowe temps! my current cooling is as follows:

1 front intake
2 rear exhaust
1 side intake
1 other side intake (behind the mobo)
vortex dream hsu

my plan is as follows:

i am going to install a duct that goes directly to the heat sink
move the other side intake to the front side, so i will have two front side intake and one front intake

does this sound like a plan, and do any of you have any success stories with adding ducts?

thanks for the input
 

·
Overclockiit
Joined
·
3,425 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by newbieocer

hello all,

here is where i stand:

p4 1.8 @ 2.52
1gig corsair 3200
temps: 36-37 idle, 40-47 load (depending on how much...)
@ 1.65 vcore

i want lowe temps! my current cooling is as follows:

1 front intake
2 rear exhaust
1 side intake
1 other side intake (behind the mobo)
vortex dream hsu

my plan is as follows:

i am going to install a duct that goes directly to the heat sink
move the other side intake to the front side, so i will have two front side intake and one front intake

does this sound like a plan, and do any of you have any success stories with adding ducts?

thanks for the input

Well ive heard a few people say ducts work very well and decrease cpu temps fairly well.
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
I would kill for your temps, I just fan the Folding program on my P4 3.0E last night with the HT off at 96% and reached 63C.

My Idle temps at between 35 and 43C.

But as for installing a duct, I say go for it. Are you going to be running the air into the duct with a 80 or 120mm fan?

Quote:


Originally Posted by newbieocer

hello all,

here is where i stand:

p4 1.8 @ 2.52
1gig corsair 3200
temps: 36-37 idle, 40-47 load (depending on how much...)
@ 1.65 vcore

i want lowe temps! my current cooling is as follows:

1 front intake
2 rear exhaust
1 side intake
1 other side intake (behind the mobo)
vortex dream hsu

my plan is as follows:

i am going to install a duct that goes directly to the heat sink
move the other side intake to the front side, so i will have two front side intake and one front intake

does this sound like a plan, and do any of you have any success stories with adding ducts?

thanks for the input

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by mfillpot

I would kill for your temps, I just fan the Folding program on my P4 3.0E last night with the HT off at 96% and reached 63C.

My Idle temps at between 35 and 43C.

But as for installing a duct, I say go for it. Are you going to be running the air into the duct with a 80 or 120mm fan?

nope, i read some articles and it doesn't seem necessary - most were saying that the heat sink will be fine in drawing the air in, no additional suction necessary.

also, some people were saying that because the heatsink has such a high rpm ability, a regular 80mm would just hinder the air flow...
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by newbieocer

nope, i read some articles and it doesn't seem necessary - most were saying that the heat sink will be fine in drawing the air in, no additional suction necessary.

also, some people were saying that because the heatsink has such a high rpm ability, a regular 80mm would just hinder the air flow...

good point, let me know the difference it makes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by mfillpot

good point, let me know the difference it makes.

glory has been achieved!

her is hte pic
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top