Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source

The new GPUs are based off the GK 106 and feature a slightly different name.

GTX 675M --> GTX 675MX
GTX 670M --> GTX 670MX

The GTX 675MX scores around 16.3k in vantage, which is a solid 25% boost over it's predecessor, the 675M. That and the 3DMark11 score was at 3900, which is another 20% bump in performance. There's no word on the 670MX's performance in ths regard.

The trade-off here, folks, is that the 675MX is a 75w TDP vs the older 100w TDP 675M it replaced, and the 670MX is more than likely going to use only slightly more than the 660M, probably somewhere around 55w.

If you ask me, the 675MX actually looks nice enough to buy if you want a sizable bump in performance. I'd say that's a nice improvement.
biggrin.gif

EDIT:

-GeForce Specifications-

GTX 675MX

GTX 670MX

960 CUDA cores based off Kepler it seems. Only noticeable difference between either is the lower memory clock and the bus width. Essentially halving the bandwidth. o_O

·
Registered
240 Posts
Whoo! More options. More options is good!

I am kind of glad to see some good low power mobile graphics comming out but the bandwidth and lower clocks does make me a bit nervous. From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like it should affect overall performance too much, but I can imagine it hitting games like BF3 pretty hard when you start pushing the settings a bit. That could just be me and my noob misconception but if the benchmarks ring true than I wouldn't mind owning a lower TDP higher performing chip in my laptop!

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoBodi View Post

As if it's confusing enough already... the GTX 675 is Fermi, then the new X variant is Kepler?
must sucks for the average consumer thinking he got latest 600-series cards when it's really a 500-series.
Doesn't suck to "lie" a bit @ the name as long as you do get something that is "better"...and the 675M was (is) better than the 660M, despite being a rebadged ol-fermi-560M

·
Premium Member
6,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoBodi View Post

As if it's confusing enough already... the GTX 675 is Fermi, then the new X variant is Kepler?
must sucks for the average consumer thinking he got latest 600-series cards when it's really a 500-series.
Not really. Laptop buyers, particularly those interested in gaming on-the-go, are very informed in their purchases.

·
Politically incorrect
9,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post

Not really. Laptop buyers, particularly those interested in gaming on-the-go, are very informed in their purchases.
Dell, wringing their hands at all the people who buy Alienware, beg otherwise.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,475 Posts
I wonder if T|I will release a modded vBIOS (OV) so that the 675MX can reach 680M's vantage/11 score...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.