Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one of these would be better for my CPU and why? Will it fit? I will be overclocking to 3.7Ghz and above.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...E35-106-150-TS

I'll also be purchasing some Acrtic Silver 5 along with whatevever cooler has the most votes.

Case: XION AXP 600 with 4 side fans 2 front fans 1 top fan and 1 rear fan all 120mm.

Thanks a lot for your help!

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
None.

If you are fine spending that much money, go for a Noctua NH-D14, it outperforms any of those and it's damn silent

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
The Hyper 212+ is a good cooler for a great price.

You could always check the Cooler Master refurbished store too. Right now they have a decent-looking 92mm cooler, but every now and then you'll get some of their higher-end stuff too.

The H50 isn't a bad idea, either, but I would look around and see if you can find one (used, maybe) for less than $80. That still seems a little steep to me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcuestag
View Post

None.

If you are fine spending that much money, go for a Noctua NH-D14, it outperforms any of those and it's damn silent

The question is, Will it fit? The noctuas are usually huge and I have Side fans so this CPU Cooler will be a problem. Plus I asked which one of those 5 would be the best. I appreciate your recommendations though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by trampton
View Post

The Hyper 212+ is a good cooler for a great price.

You could always check the Cooler Master refurbished store too. Right now they have a decent-looking 92mm cooler, but every now and then you'll get some of their higher-end stuff too.

The H50 isn't a bad idea, either, but I would look around and see if you can find one (used, maybe) for less than $80. That still seems a little steep to me.

I already have the Hyper TX3 so the Hyper 212 isn't that much of a step for me...

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronJS
View Post

The question is, Will it fit? The noctuas are usually huge and I have Side fans so this CPU Cooler will be a problem.

I dont think it'll fit, then my recommendation is:

Corsair H50 and grab 2 Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm and you're good to go on a push/pull setup.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

View Post

I dont think it'll fit, then my recommendation is:

Corsair H50 and grab 2 Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm and you're good to go on a push/pull setup.

Yea I think I'll go with the H50 aswell. Newegg used to have those Gentle Typhoons ( thats an oxymoron ) but they're out of stock. You have any other fans to recommend? And I've checked the internet before on instructions on how to set up the push pull configuration but I couldn't find one. If you could give me a link that'd me awesome!

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yea I think I'll go with the H50 aswell. Newegg used to have those Gentle Typhoons ( thats an oxymoron ) but they're out of stock. You have any other fans to recommend? And I've checked the internet before on instructions on how to set up the push pull configuration but I couldn't find one. If you could give me a link that'd me awesome!

Well, you could also get some Yate Loons or some Noiseblockers, but I deffinitely recommend waiting on those Gentle Typhoon

About push/pull setup, it's easy, you just set 1 fan on each side of the radiator and you're good to go, for example, this is how I had it on my HAF 932 back when I had my H50 with x2 Noiseblockers:

Noiseblocker -> Radiator -> Noiseblocker

(Arrow means direction the air is going to)

Pretty easy

You only have 4 screws, now you're going to ask, where can I get another 4? You don't need to.

Just use 2 screws on each fan on a diagonal (/) and you're good to go

I hope I was able to help you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

View Post

Well, you could also get some Yate Loons or some Noiseblockers, but I deffinitely recommend waiting on those Gentle Typhoon

About push/pull setup, it's easy, you just set 1 fan on each side of the radiator and you're good to go, for example, this is how I had it on my HAF 932 back when I had my H50 with x2 Noiseblockers:

Noiseblocker -> Radiator -> Noiseblocker

(Arrow means direction the air is going to)

Pretty easy

You only have 4 screws, now you're going to ask, where can I get another 4? You don't need to.

Just use 2 screws on each fan on a diagonal (/) and you're good to go

I hope I was able to help you.

Ah yes the statement about the screws makes perfect sense! It comes with 4 but I use two diagonally on both fans. ( / on one fan. \\ On the other ). I'll find some good fans to use.

But now I think I have another problem. I have 4 side case fans and a 1 rear fan right next to it. The bottom side fan goes infront of the rear fan and is almost touching it. Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to fit the other 120mm onto my H50? Would I have to remove the fan that's almost touching it to make more space or just install one of the fans thats supposed to go onto the h50 to the outside of the case? Because If I did, the visual on my case would look slightly ******ed.

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Ah yes the statement about the screws makes perfect sense! It comes with 4 but I use two diagonally on both fans. ( / on one fan. \\ On the other ). I'll find some good fans to use.

But now I think I have another problem. I have 4 side case fans and a 1 rear fan right next to it. The bottom side fan goes infront of the rear fan and is almost touching it. Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to fit the other 120mm onto my H50? Would I have to remove the fan that's almost touching it to make more space or just install one of the fans thats supposed to go onto the h50 to the outside of the case? Because If I did, the visual on my case would look slightly ******ed.

To be honest, I don't know your case at all.

Best thing is to check it your self, and see if it fits without removing any fan.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I would go with H50 performance is on par with high end coolers but you don't have the high heat sink hanging out your cpu socket

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by m98custom1212
View Post

I would go with H50 performance is on par with high end coolers but you don't have the high heat sink hanging out your cpu socket

H50 is not on pair with Noctua NH-D14, Ven X, Savage Arrow.. etc

It is a great cooler, but it's not on par with best air coolers.

However, best option for the OP is H50 indeed.

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
As much as I love my D14, I'd say that the Silver Arrow is the best cooler for the money ATM. Levels of heatsink performance:

SA>D14 by less than a degree, but a bit quieter (!) and cheaper
VX=Mega - but you have to buy fans. See item 1. in my sig for ideas.
Mugen 2, Tt Frio

All the rest.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got a scythe Yasya and have the same cpu and would highly recommend it, great cooler for the price and looks fantastic if youve got a window on your side panel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts