Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

This message is for CM690 users.

I would like to know if it is possible to mount a Watercooling radiator inside this case, without any mod.

The radiator I would like to mount is either a blackice stealth 240mm or the new stealth 280mm. Their width is around 35mm if I remember.

Moreover, is it possible to mount 120mm fans or 140mm fans under to top hood (between the top plastic cage and the case structure)?

· Premium Member
7,133 Posts
i cant answer about the radiator question. or anything about watercooling but i dont think a radiator can fit inside.

but!

yes you can mount two 120mm fans under the top panel. BUT you need slim fans like yate loons.

· Premium Member
4,963 Posts
You could mount a radiator under there, but you will most likely have to mod the top. Specifically, where the fans mount, if you want to run in a pull configuration (overall best way). If you run a push configuration it may work depending on how far into the case the fans go and where the mounting holes are.

· Registered
302 Posts
You can fit a double radiator with no mods. I was able to fit a tripple with some modding. If you want normal width fans you can alway raise the perforated sheet metal at the top. It rests in groves and has tabs bent over to keep it in place. You can adjust it to allow space for a full width fans without cutting. Just rais it and bend the tab further down.

· Premium Member
4,963 Posts
What rad is that. It looks kind of skinny. My GTX360 is at least 2 inches thick. I just don't think it would fit without hitting the Mobo.

+Rep for the work though.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ERh, even if it works, I don't like the idea to raise the position of the top grid by modding the tabs. However this confirms the fact that low profile 120mm fans should do the work.

The only problem is that they are hard to find in Europe

Would you know any other case that would accept a 240mm radiator WITHOUT any modding. Of course, the CM Cosmos would do that, but it is too big

· Registered
302 Posts
The tabs are just thin metal tabs. You dont have to do any cutting, just straighten it and bend at another point. The metal is pretty sturdy, I bent it back and forth like 20 times before it broke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.