Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the shape of the mouse (IE3.0) but one is optical and one is laser, overall i like optical sensors more (for obv reasons) but i would really like to know if people used this mouse and their opinion about it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilhat View Post

Hello, i'm using Alcor and i like it a lot. No problems with stock firmware. Very comfortable mouse.
thumb.gif
Nice any reason why you use the stock firmware over the new firmware?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, been using Alcor as my main mouse for a couple of months, chose it over a few other decent mice I own(Sica, Abyssus, Kinzu V3). I've got almost 21 cm long hands w/ fingertip grip. Bought it for competitive €35. My thoughts:

Pros:
+ feels very light for an ergonomic mouse of such dimensions (87 g; 125-68-40 mm)
+ cable (38g) is quite thin and flexible and doesn't bother me at all even w/o bungee.
+ mouse skates, buttons and scroll wheel feel good and precise, require mid-high actuation force
+ great click delay: 4 ms on avarage compared to my A4Tech Bloody V3 (which should be at < 3 ms total), 7,96 ms lowest in click duration test (l.exe and r.exe)
+ shape took a couple of weeks to get used to, especially the bump at the right side, but now there is no going back
+ Implementation of 3090: little to no jitter, acceleration, smoothing and angle-snapping; precise dpi steps; stable 1000Hz polling rate; PCS of ~3,5 m/s on 400/800/1600 dpi (significant decrease from 2000dpi)

Cons: (for some)
- high lod of ~4mm and doesn't change too much with different fw (it's actually a pro for me, cuzI'm used to "flying" above the pad when perfroming fast movements)
- sensor position a bit nearer to the top (again, for my fingertip gripI prefer it this way )
- no grip with really dry hands (mine goes sweaty within a few min of mouse usage)
- doesn't look like much, especially the plastic matte finish and too bright lightening

tested on cheap A4Tech X7 pad: https://imgur.com/a/5LqPd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts