Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Blade Master 120mm for my intake as the specs are pretty good, reasonable cfm, high rpm and high air pressure while supposedly pretty quiet

Got it today and well, really dissapointed

At very very very low speeds its fine but as soon as you get to half its full speed the noise starts and its really loud especially at full power

It completely drowns out my 2 NF-P14 noctua fans on my heatsink...

Is it suppose to be this loud??

Its too loud for normal use anyway so can someone recommend something else? Its for a very restricted intake fan... (Thermaltake DH101 case)

·
Padawan Overclocker
2,870 Posts
Is it positioned vertical or horizontal ? If you put it on top as intake, they tend to make noise because of Ball Bearings. If it's on bottom as intake or front or rear, then it might be faulty.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catscratch View Post

Is it positioned vertical or horizontal ? If you put it on top as intake, they tend to make noise because of Ball Bearings. If it's on bottom as intake or front or rear, then it might be faulty.
Its the front intake so on its side blowing horizontally

·
Padawan Overclocker
2,870 Posts
Hmm, check if it does the same thing while not bolted on, just standing on the desk. Maybe the material it's bolted on is rattling.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catscratch View Post

Hmm, check if it does the same thing while not bolted on, just standing on the desk. Maybe the material it's bolted on is rattling.
You were right

Turned out to be the case, it didnt like to be boted right next to the metal of the case, spaced it out with the little vibration damper things that came with the fan and now the problem is solved

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.