Thermal Compound: Xigmatek Freezing Point G4718 4g Thermal Paste
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact
Memory: Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 16GB (2x8) @ 1600
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: Asus GTX 760 DirectCUII
Case: Cooler Master Elite 110 ITX Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-S12A PWM 120mm Fan
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Liquor/saved/2TDl <--- will update this at a later time to reflect final build.

Pics coming...

Ran this guy up yesterday. Compared to the Cooler Master Elite 130 Case build everything is the same but the AOI Fan config, CPU cooler, and video card.

SWTOR max settings and video card settings maxed I get a steady 66-70 FPS @ 2560x1440 60Hz on the Qnix Korean IPS. I can do 120Hz but the game isn't seeing it for some reason. Whereas on the EVGA GTX780ti SC SWTOR does do 110 Hz.

I have not taken the lid off the 4770K and still using the Antec KUHLER H2O 920. but the Kraken goes in today with the delid 4770K.

The Asus GTX760 DirectCUII does fit in this case. though I had to install the mobo first then the card. connect all cables before installing the cooler. due to the ram and PSU connections, I can not run push pull fans. just a pusher or puller. currently in push setup but will route the Kraken so its between the front bezle and case front panel with a puller fan inside.

Cooler Master Elite 110 Case temps compared to the Cooler Master Elite 130 are very similar. GPU running 2560x1440 60Hz at 80C and 90% load. CPU is 33-5C idle and 43-45C under load. this is with SWTOR running. I have not ran any benchmarks on this system yet. I'm happy with the performance and size of this rig. The EVGA GTX780ti SC in the Cooler Master Elite 130 the temps are 30-32C idle, 40-42C under load at 2560x1440 110 Hz with the GPU running at 70C. The AIO cooler is in push pull config. Note the radiator fan setup, GPU's and the Cases are the only differences between the builds.

Everything is stock timings. Ram is unstable at 2400 but will adjust timings to get 2400 when I do the CPU and GPU overclocks. Working on cooling first.

Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 benchmarks will be done over the weekend.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pictures:

More to come . . .

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3DMARK results

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
originally I was going to go full acryllic tubing and a 140mm radiator but this case does not have enough room to mount a pump and resivor.it was hard enough just to find a good spot for the fan. wish i could do push pull on the rad though not enough room with the ram I choose. low profile ram would work for a push pull config with 120mm fans. 140mm will not fit unless you relocate the power switch on the front bezel.

the powersupply sits a lot closer to the motherboard making water cooling lines difficult. not impossible but not ideal. you'd have to get creative. without a video card there is room for a pump and res but why do that if it negates a GPU? so I had an extra AIO laying around.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for posting the build, I'm looking hard at this case as it seems to be one of the smallest to fit 3x3.5" hdds.

Do you have any pics of before you put the GPU in, or any opinion on the practicality of installing 3 full size hdds?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
give me a couple of weeks. i just shipped it home. mil-air takes a while to get to the states. there are 2 mounting points for HDDs where the GPU goes. Also there is a top mount above the PSU that has a couple mounting locations. it has room for 2 HDD.

5.jpg

4.jpg

12.jpg

feature5.jpg

from the Cooler Master Site:

The Elite 110 is a mini cube compact case with support for full size standard desktop components. Other than the conventional mini-ITX case, the Elite 110 supports ample storage up to 3 HDDs / 4 SSDs and you can even install a 120mm radiator in the front for extreme cooling. It can accommodate the standard full size ATX PSU length up to 180mm and the short dual slots graphic cards length up to 210mm.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=10108&product_name=Elite%20110

even though their site says 3 HDD or 4 SSD, there is room for 4 HDD plus there are mounts for 4 HDD, 2 on the side mount bracket (not removable) and 2 on the top bracket (removable)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEcobra11 View Post

I know it's a bit old thread but... does a 3'5 HDD fit in the case with that GPU?
You can fit 2 3.5' hdds on top of the psu area, and another 1 3.5' and 1 2.5' by the side even with a two slot gpu installed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
You have to face the psu fan downwards, or just use a 2.5' instead of a 3.5' in the slot immediately above the psu.

From HOCP:

I placed 2 3.5' on the top and hdd temps are fine since the case itself has vents cut into the top. PSU fan facing downwards shouldn't be a problem either if you stick with the stock intel heatsink which has a low profile. The front intake fan provides enough air flow for both the psu and cpu fans to suck in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there. Just wondering how snug of a fit that Asus 760 is. I'm looking at doing something similar. Is it actually touching the case? It's hard to tell from the pic.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Asus GTX 760 DirectCUII fits fine. It doesn't touch the case. There is a couple mm room there

I did add a 3 TB HDD to it. Needed the storage. I really like this case.

fixed**

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sorry, where's the Elite 110 (120/130 etc.) build thread? I was wondering how much trouble is caused using ATX power supplies in the 110. I guess it's down to the 110, SG05 and SG13 although I think I like the 110 and SG13 as it's easier using ATX size power supplies? The PSU in question is a Corsair HX520 and according to specs, I believe it's 150mm long. So, a bit longer than a SFF one? It's modular although I might go for a Silverstone SFF modular psu later on. But, if I recycle the PSU in my current (old) system, that will save me $100 when buying components.

OP, how do you like the size of your psu? Is it sticking out too far or it's fine?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my Elite 130 build thread below
http://www.overclock.net/t/1438824/itx-build-to-replace-fx-60-gaming-workhorse

sorry for the late reply been busy for a while

i like it, i dont notice it at all, remember those connections (dvi, usb, power plugs...) in the back also stick out so the PSU sticking out really isnt a problem.

this little rig has done the job it was designed for perfectly. no issues after nearly a year of use. the 130 build has some heat issues due to 1 rad being used but i dont plan on overclocking it. im very happy with it as well

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
smile.gif

I would like to buy a Cooler Master Elite 110 in order to put 4 HDD 3.5" inside. I've seen in these 2 pages it seems to be possible.
Could you add some pictures with 4 HDD 3.5 please ?
Thank you !

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would but currently overseas and wont be home for a few more months.

you can fit 2 HDD on the top support rack. then 2 on the side rack but then youll limit air flow to a 2 slot video card. it is possible though.

maybe someone has a pic of it. when i return in a few months ill update the images of the current set-ups.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No problem, thanks for your response
wink.gif

If you confirm to me it's possible to use 4 HDD 3.5" inside this case without a lot of modifications, it's OK. Pictures are a plus. I don't want to install a graphic card, I want to use this case like a NAS so 4 HDD, 1 motherboard + CPU + RAM and 1 power supply
smile.gif

1 - 20 of 41 Posts