Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,820 Posts
I think this is old news... But, I'll throw out my opinion.
Case looks identical to the elite 120 except less restrictive of a front fan. People complain of a bad PSU placement and I could agree with them if you intend to use an air cooler for the CPU.
I had to take out the HDD cage in mine for 2 aio water cooling loops to fit, but I would be surprised if more people didn't because that cage takes up so much space, seriously like half the case is a HDD cage.

I definitely like the elite 120, I'd buy it again! Especially for the price I got it, like $30.00
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakewalk_S View Post

I think this is old news... But, I'll throw out my opinion.
Case looks identical to the elite 120 except less restrictive of a front fan. People complain of a bad PSU placement and I could agree with them if you intend to use an air cooler for the CPU.
I had to take out the HDD cage in mine for 2 aio water cooling loops to fit, but I would be surprised if more people didn't because that cage takes up so much space, seriously like half the case is a HDD cage.

I definitely like the elite 120, I'd buy it again! Especially for the price I got it, like $30.00
I know it's kinda old news, but i figured I'd share it anyway. I don't know if it would be worth waiting for this case or just go with the 120. Although I do like the looks of the 130 a lot more than the 120.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Looking forward to this, but just can't find a release date anywhere
frown.gif
Did find a product page over at Coolermaster Australia, though ...

http://www.coolermaster.com.au/product.php?product_id=6840&category_id=3561

Looks like identical dimensions to the 120, just with better front ventilation and what looks like 3x2.5" bays underneath the optical drive and a 3.5" on the floor, which is nice
smile.gif
. So 3x2.5", 1x3.5" and 1x5.25" drive bays even with an AIO cooler on the front 120 ... pretty sweet, and a very nice tweak of a good design. Image 2/6 is the most interesting one, to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menty View Post

Looking forward to this, but just can't find a release date anywhere
frown.gif
Did find a product page over at Coolermaster Australia, though ...

http://www.coolermaster.com.au/product.php?product_id=6840&category_id=3561

Looks like identical dimensions to the 120, just with better front ventilation and what looks like 3x2.5" bays underneath the optical drive and a 3.5" on the floor, which is nice
smile.gif
. So 3x2.5", 1x3.5" and 1x5.25" drive bays even with an AIO cooler on the front 120 ... pretty sweet, and a very nice tweak of a good design. Image 2/6 is the most interesting one, to me.
Seems like Cooler Master is getting the idea of liquid cooling and mini itx. I also noticed they have the psu extension in those pictures. I can't seem to find a release date either :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subnet View Post

This case has also peaked my interest (case of the upgraditis) and at $42 USD I will probably buy one anyway to play around with.

Found a couple of videos from CM themselves:


(Featuring the Maximux VI Impact)
I must say, I love the 2nd video on installation. It really gives a good perspective on what you are getting into.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxduoxxx View Post

[/SPOILER]

I must say, I love the 2nd video on installation. It really gives a good perspective on what you are getting into.
Sure does, hadn't realise there was another 3.5" bracket on the far side (from the GPU) of the case. That's neat. It's gonna take a lot of willpower to resist this one
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
I know its cosmetic, but at the computex con, the CM elite 130 didn't have the PSU sticking out. On the 2 video, it has a PSU sticking out.
frown.gif


I just lost total interest in buying it as a result of that.

....

Looking at Amazon pictures again...

The hell? The PSU bottom is removable? I just notice there's 4 screw on it that tell me it could be remove. O_O whoa...I wonder what size my PSU need to be to not need that. Hmm.

Now, I got interest again!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Hmm. Looking over the pictures again, I'm not confident that I can remove the bracket and have it work. The screw hole wouldn't match up.

Oh well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
PSU bracket was included at the request of end users who use PSU =>180mm which is about any PSU above 650W. We will have a flatter PSU bracket coming but it won't be included for compatibility reasons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuez View Post

I know its cosmetic, but at the computex con, the CM elite 130 didn't have the PSU sticking out. On the 2 video, it has a PSU sticking out.
frown.gif


I just lost total interest in buying it as a result of that.

....

Looking at Amazon pictures again...

The hell? The PSU bottom is removable? I just notice there's 4 screw on it that tell me it could be remove. O_O whoa...I wonder what size my PSU need to be to not need that. Hmm.

Now, I got interest again!!!
One usually has long ended USB ports coming out the back anyways so IMHO it isn't a big deal as the back of the PSU is as long as those USB ends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM MR HAF View Post

PSU bracket was included at the request of end users who use PSU =>180mm which is about any PSU above 650W. We will have a flatter PSU bracket coming but it won't be included for compatibility reasons.
Thanks for the info, though I also noticed that "advanced" has been dropped from the naming scheme unlike its predecessor. Does this mean there will be another version (let's call it "advanced" for the sake of simplicity) of this case?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is definitely going to be my next case. This is a perfect excuse to downsize to Mini-ITX
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxduoxxx View Post

I got myself a Node 304 before this case was launched. But if I were building another mitx, this would definitely be top on my list.
I'm kinda torn between this and the mATX Prodigy, but I guess I'll find out which one I want eventually
biggrin.gif
 
1 - 20 of 177 Posts
Top