Overclock.net banner

Which Cooler Master Elite ITX Case do you own?

• Elite 100

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Elite 110

Votes: 60 26.7%
  • Elite 120 Advanced

Votes: 34 15.1%
  • Elite 120 Advanced White

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Elite 130

Votes: 136 60.4%
1 - 20 of 1023 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is the Cooler Master Elite M-ITX Case Owners club, the Elite M-ITX series includes;

• An ultra slim chassis accommodates both micro-ATX and mini-ITX motherboards
  • Multi-device support
  • Excellently cooled slim enclosure to support up to 65W CPU
  • Passive mini-ITX case with silent constructional design
  • Flex ATX 150W with Active PFC included
  • Front I/O panel for easy access (including USB 2.0 x 2 and HD audio)
Product Sheet | Manual
Air

Water

Please let us know if you are using a cooler that is not listed here, thank you.

• The mini-ITX case with front mesh panel and vents on the top and side panels for better airflow
  • One 120mm fan in the front (included) and Two 80mm fan on the side (optional)
  • Dual Super Speed USB 3.0
  • Supports a 120mm radiator in the front
  • Supports standard length ATX PSU up to 180mm
  • Supports graphic card length up to 210mm
  • Ample storage - up to 3 HDDs / 4 SSDs
Product Sheet | Manual
Air

Water

Please let us know if you are using a cooler that is not listed here, thank you.

• Unprecedented airflow for a Mini-ITX case
  • 1/3 the size of a standard case
  • Supports standard length ATX PSUs with innovative rear mount
  • Supports ultra high-end VGA's (HD7990/GTX690)
  • Stylish aluminum front panel
  • USB 3.0 Super Speed Support
  • Features a full Size 5.25" drive bay
  • Supports up to 3 x 3.5" / 4 x 2.5" HDD/SSD (converted from two 3.5" HDD bays)
Product Sheet | Manual
Air

Water

• According to a Cooler Master rep the front panel from a Elite 130 can be fitted to an Elite 120 Advanced: Link

• Unprecedented airflow for a Mini-ITX case
  • 1/3 the size of a standard case
  • Supports standard length ATX PSUs with innovative rear mount
  • Supports ultra high-end VGA's (HD7990/GTX690)
  • Stylish aluminum front panel
  • USB 3.0 Super Speed Support
  • Features a full Size 5.25" drive bay
  • Supports up to 3 x 3.5" / 4 x 2.5" HDD/SSD (converted from two 3.5" HDD bays)
Air

Water

• Only the front and lid of the white revision are in fact white, the internal frame is the exact same frame used in the standard black revision.

• Unprecedented airflow for a Mini-ITX case with front mesh panel and vents on the top and side panels
  • Dual Super Speed USB 3.0
  • Supports a 120mm radiator in the front
  • Supports standard length ATX PSU
  • Supports ultra high-end graphics card up to 343mm / 13.5 inch, such as AMD HD7990 and NVIDIA GTX690
  • Ample storage - up to 1 ODD / 3 HDDs / 5 SSDs
Product Sheet | Manual
Air

Water
Corsair H80 (HuwSharpe)
Cooler Master Seidon 120m (rizmo)

• Some images feature a grommet above the PCI slots at the rear of the case, this seems to have been a development idea that was not introduced to the final product.

To join the owners club simply post a photo of your Elite M-ITX case and request "ADD ME" stating the name of your build.

NOTICE: Please refrain from posting large photos and use thumbnails instead and if quoting a post please use the spoiler feature. Thank you.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A note to anyone planning on replacing the feet on the Elite 130, the feet mounting holes are roughly 7mm in diameter, i suspect the 110 is the same and possibly the 120. The stock feet are easily removed and on my Elite 130 have been replaced with Pulse Modding Aluminium Case Feet, though the holes needed widening slightly to do this.

Replacing the feet makes the case feel so much sturdier, previously when pressing the power button the whole case would slide back on the desk due to the cheap plastic of the stock feet. Ideally i may have liked to have repositioned the position of the feet, but doing so would have been more trouble than it would be worth.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Woah that's awesome! Do you find yourself scratching the floor or table with those case feet?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are some serious feet =)

As cases get smaller cable management certainly gets trickier, really i need a new fully modular PSU, but for now i shall have to make do. Here's a few photos of the build thus far and my attempts to manage the cables.

Edit: Internal cold cathodes added, though only the front ones are controlled by the Bitfienix Recon, for now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ah man your cable management is super clean. I've yet to clean mine up, I was in a rush to just start playing Battlefield 4 so I just threw it all in there. Here are some pics of my setup:

I feel like the only thing missing from these cases are built in/optional fan filters. I ended up buying some Demciflex filters to keep the dust out. The filters are magnetic and stick easily to the case. I'll admit it's not exactly the most aesthetically pleasing look with those fan filters just stuck on there but the case is out of sight most of the time anyway.

You can buy the filters here:

http://www.demcifilter.com/c211/ELITE-130-MINI-ITX.aspx

• Rep+
Reactions: Marcos Viegas

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
I just chop shopped my cm elite 120 case last night. I couldn't deal with try yo have a water cooling build and also not being able to see my rig... It was also much louder than I expected... Back to atx mid for my Christmas gift! It was a fun case while it lasted! Quite a challenge!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizmo View Post

Woah that's awesome! Do you find yourself scratching the floor or table with those case feet?
Thanks manm, your project is awesome too
thumb.gif

These feet, on true are Spykes from Viablue, and it have a feet protection to not scratch the surface and suppress the vibrations.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

You can buy the filters here:

http://www.demcifilter.com/c211/ELITE-130-MINI-ITX.aspx

Thanks for the link, i wasn't aware that accessory existed. From the thumbnail i actually thought you had given your case the distressed look =)

I notice you have all the fans as intakes, creating positive pressure, while this does mean maximum fresh air and dust are drawn into the case it also means there is no where for the hot air to go. Just a thought and personal opinion. I haven't tested the difference between positive and negative pressure with this case yet, though i have tried a 140mm fan on the hard drive tray as a side intake and found it only reduced the motherboard temperature by 1 degree while under load.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's a teaser pic of my Modified Cooler Master Elite 120. Still work in progress. will be water cooled.

Parts:

Elite 120
Swiftech Helix 140mm fan
Ek Coolstream Rad xtc-140
Asus Z77 deluxe itx motherboard
2 x Samsung SSD Drives
Silverstone 650w PSU

Will Post more pics once I get all my parts. My goal is to have the cleanest elite 120 build since I have windows all over.
biggrin.gif

Shortening the Psu Cables and Sleeving it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade Surfer View Post

Will Post more pics once I get all my parts. My goal is to have the cleanest elite 120 build since I have windows all over.
biggrin.gif

I look forward to seeing that. I do wonder if Cooler Master will follow Bitfienix sales model for spares and after market products, such as replacement front panels and lids, or lids with windows. I also wonder if there are any plans for an Elite 130 in white.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the invite! I too have a Cooler Master Elite 130 set up for HTPC and portable gaming!

Great tip for the replacement of the feet. I need to get that done. I also use Demciflex filters as well because we have a cat. I hated the front mesh filter so I took apart the front grill and replaced the mesh with the DemciFlex mesh and it's much nicer.

Next year I want to revamp my mobo, CPU and GPU to better stuff.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade Surfer View Post

Here's a teaser pic of my Modified Cooler Master Elite 120. Still work in progress. will be water cooled.

Parts:

Elite 120
Swiftech Helix 140mm fan
Ek Coolstream Rad xtc-140
Asus Z77 deluxe itx motherboard
2 x Samsung SSD Drives
Silverstone 650w PSU

biggrin.gif

Shortening the Psu Cables and Sleeving it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

That's lookin' pretty good man. Great job! But question: Where did you find instructions to shorten the PSU cables? I've been thinking about doing this to my own Corsair RM 650 instead of shelling out money for a short cable PSU kit.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is an excellent question, I never thought about that. I just figured the only real place at this point, where the hot air can be exhausted is through the side of the case, not the video card side but the other side beside the CPU. Did you take internal case temperatures or component temperatures?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

That is an excellent question, I never thought about that. I just figured the only real place at this point, where the hot air can be exhausted is through the side of the case, not the video card side but the other side beside the CPU. Did you take internal case temperatures or component temperatures?

The only temperature experiments i have done with this case is with a 140mm fan, side mounted on the removable hard drive tray, which with my set up proved having a fan there was pointless, in either orientation. However, over the years i have had many cases from full ATX towers to the Shuttle XPC's and in my experience it has always been better to focus on extracting the internal hot air, rather than simply pumping more air in. With there been vests down either side there is an amply supply of air if needed to be drawn in, for both the graphics and the radiator at the front if installed.

Under full load, i have not seen my CPU exceed 39 degrees, which currently at stock speeds isn't bad, but i will be pushing for the 5 GHz again soon and may need to remove the SSD from the floor of the frame so as to install another fan to the radiator in addition to the one that is already there. This will likely be a 38mm deep super fan, which will need connecting to its own kill switch so that it is only turned on when the other fan is at full speed, because if it isn't then the power from the 38mm deep fan will in fact spin the other 25mm deep fan up and potentially send a current back down the 25mm deep fan cable, seen it happen. However, do not fan stack unless you know what you are doing!

And just a reminder;
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSharpe View Post

NOTICE: Please refrain from posting large photos and use thumbnails instead and if quoting a post please use the spoiler feature. Thank you.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by max789 View Post

Hi

Does anyone know whether a Silverstone FF123 fan can be attached to the front of the Elite 130's stock 120mm fan?

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=393

Thanks.

If i am correct in saying you mean the Silverstone fan filter, then yes i believe that will fit without issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSharpe View Post

If i am correct in saying you mean the Silverstone fan filter, then yes i believe that will fit without issue.
Thanks for your feedback. :DYes, I did mean the fan filter (not fan).

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just an update on my fan stacking tests; i have just tried placing a SanAce 38mm deep, 120mm diameter fan in front of the existing Phanteks fan on the Corsair H80 as shown in the image below.

Now bare in mind the CPU is currently overclocked at 4.2GHz and under load the temperature drops from 38°C to 29°C (in under 6minutes!) when the SanAce fan is switched on. I suspect this will be improved upon if the SanAce fan was placed behind the Phanteks 120, in direct contact with the radiator and will test this at some point.

You might be thinking why use the Phanteks fan at all, well the SanAce fans i am using are industrial and have two speeds, stop and full power and at full power are far from quiet. For 24/7 use i want the system to be relativity quiet, but on the odd occasion when pushing the overclock and when leaving the system on doing mass video encoding i want the system to be kept as cool as possible. Having the fans stacked means i have the option for both and can simply turn on the SanAce fan when required. There is one draw back to using fan stacking for this purpose, as when the SanAce fan is not switched on, it in fact reduces airflow and causes temperatures to increase, however, only tests will show by how much.

Note fan stacking is typically not used for this reason and there is a lot of science behind fan stacking, if you are thinking of doing it read up on it first, you should not fan stack unless you are sure what you are doing. If i switch on the SanAce fan when the Phanteks is off or on a low speed the speed of the air from the SanAce will cause the Phanteks to spin, which could send a current back down the cable and for that reason never connect fan to the motherboard when fan stacking.

1 - 20 of 1023 Posts