Overclock.net banner

Which Cooler Master Elite ITX Case do you own?

• Elite 100

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Elite 110

Votes: 60 26.7%
  • Elite 120 Advanced

Votes: 34 15.1%
  • Elite 120 Advanced White

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Elite 130

Votes: 136 60.4%
21 - 40 of 1023 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
HuwSharpe, did you shorten your 20 pin mobo power connector? Because that looks very well fitted heheh. Great job on that cable management.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizmo View Post

HuwSharpe, did you shorten your 20 pin mobo power connector? Because that looks very well fitted heheh. Great job on that cable management.
No, i wish it was that short. It is actually curled up down the side of the power supply between the it and the graphics card. It is not ideal as it is applying a bit of pressure on the graphics card, but it will suffice for now.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Will the h80i fit in here in push/pull? Also can you mount a larger fan in the spot where the factory installed 80mm fan is placed? (120 or 140).

Thanks.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty99 View Post

Will the h80i fit in here in push/pull? Also can you mount a larger fan in the spot where the factory installed 80mm fan is placed? (120 or 140).

Thanks.
If you are referring to the Elite 130 then you will not have a problem installing a H80i cooler, though i am somewhat confused by the mention of using a larger fan than the "factory installed 80mm", as the Elite 110, 120 and 130 all have 120mm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awussy View Post

In the 130 case, I have the H80i with 2 120mm Cougar fans in push/pull. The tab that sticks out from the bottom of the drive bay for mounting a SSD will get in the way if you try to install the radiator with the fan already attached, so I suggest you attach the inside fan after the radiator is mounted to the front fan.

Below is a picture showing the tab and how the fan was mounted just fine.
Thanks for sharing that, i have the H80 and had no trouble installing it with fans mounted on both sides, i believe it as not so hard if you install it from the right instead of the left side, if you get what i mean.

To all readers: If you own one of the M-ITX Elite range please let us know what coolers you are using with which Elite case, so i can update the club info, and join the owners club by simply posting a photo of your Elite M-ITX case and request "ADD ME" stating the name of your build. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Thanks, and i was talking about the pre-installed 80mm fan in the right rear of the elite 130 (as you are looking at the case from front). I was wondering if there were mounting points near that area to install a 120/140 if i removed the 80mm.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty99 View Post

Thanks, and i was talking about the pre-installed 80mm fan in the right rear of the elite 130 (as you are looking at the case from front). I was wondering if there were mounting points near that area to install a 120/140 if i removed the 80mm.
Sorry i forgot about that one, i removed it myself as it was too loud for my liking, plus it was of little to no benefit in my case, due to my motherboard. Unfortunately you will unlikely be able to replace it as the proximity of the PSU is what restricts it. However, if you are not using the hard drive rack then there are mounting holes on it which does allow you to connect a 120/140mm fan. Whilst this doesn't blow directly onto the motherboard like the 80mm fan does, it does draw air in from the side, though in my experience also is of little benefit, just one degree under load.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Cool beans, thx for reply. If i do get the case i will use it anyways to get the pressurized effect for dust (i would also order the demciflex filter kit for this case). And in fact now that i think about it, you could use the HDD rack fan as an intake and setup the H80i as an exhaust.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Quote:

Anyone have a list of confirmed Air-based coolers that have been confirmed to fit in the 130 and 120?
Trying to add such info to the first post, if anyone cares to share their cooler for their Cooler Master Elite M-ITX. Please check to make sure your cooler isn't already listed in the relevant section before posting.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh, and for those of you guys interested. A while back I was looking to see if the CM Elite 110 was on sale. It's now on Newegg for $49.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119299

I think this would serve nicely as a steam box case. Oh, and it loos like you can in fact mount a 120mm radiator in front similar to the CM 130. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Quote:

Oh, and for those of you guys interested. A while back I was looking to see if the CM Elite 110 was on sale. It's now on Newegg for $49.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119299

I think this would serve nicely as a steam box case. Oh, and it loos like you can in fact mount a 120mm radiator in front similar to the CM 130. What do you guys think?
I think it is a nice case, very small an compact. I would have been tempted myself if i didn't already own a PSU and GPU that really would not have fitted in it, hence my purchase of the Elite 130. Still not Elte 110 owner on here though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone! New on this whole forum. I'm planning on buying the CM Elite 130 and I have a few questions. First of which, is the top air vent offset? It doesn't look equally balanced when you do a top down or similar view on it (just want to know before I order it). THANKS!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxvolwarexx View Post

Hey everyone! New on this whole forum. I'm planning on buying the CM Elite 130 and I have a few questions. First of which, is the top air vent offset? It doesn't look equally balanced when you do a top down or similar view on it (just want to know before I order it). THANKS!
The air vent itself is not offset, and sits perfectly central on the case id. However, inside the case the PSU is off set slightly to one side, to accommodate for the graphics card, so if you have the PSU as an intake is is not perfectly aligned with the vent, but is pretty close. If you want anymore information just ask.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
will try to post pics and join later but for my 120 advanced i just built over holiday I am using stock intel fan. Thermals are not super stellar but they're also not melting anything or causing me any problems. My 2700k not oc'd but what looks to be almost constantly turbo'd to 3.9-ish peaks at 65-70c during prime95. Again, not stellar but for stock fan, tight space , etc I am not too worried about that.

Doesn't go above 55-60 during intense gaming so not so bad overall even at stock cooling. Could always take out the HDD cage to make room for an AIO but even then that front panel on the 120 doesn't seem to be very air flow friendly anyway. Can anyone confirm deny with temps on a 120 and an AIO water cooler?

Looking to upgrade though to the 130 in the very near future and plan on doing the 120xl from coolermaster. Probably will just keep the 120 advanced and build me a pure desktop web surfer or HTPC and keep the 130 as my portable "steam-box" for gaming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I need some help
Do you know if the MSI GTX 780 Lightning fits in the CM Elite 130? I doubt both the width and the height of the VGA.

Thanks!!!

Sorry my english
blushsmiley.gif

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbza22 View Post

Hello! I need some help
Do you know if the MSI GTX 780 Lightning fits in the CM Elite 130? I doubt both the width and the height of the VGA.

Thanks!!!

Sorry my english
blushsmiley.gif
going by both MSI's official specs and Coolermaster's it should be able to support that card. Unless I'm mistaken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majin662 View Post

going by both MSI's official specs and Coolermaster's it should be able to support that card. Unless I'm mistaken.
In theory yes, but the detail that worries me more is that the lightning version occupies a little more than two slots. Will may not allow me to close the case?

What do you think about it?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbza22 View Post

In theory yes, but the detail that worries me more is that the lightning version occupies a little more than two slots. Will may not allow me to close the case?

What do you think about it?
I will have a measure up for you ASAP.

21 - 40 of 1023 Posts