Overclock.net banner

Which Cooler Master Elite ITX Case do you own?

• Elite 100

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Elite 110

Votes: 60 26.7%
  • Elite 120 Advanced

Votes: 34 15.1%
  • Elite 120 Advanced White

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Elite 130

Votes: 136 60.4%
41 - 60 of 1023 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, may i ask you to measure the real height of 130 without feet?

Because i have a 20cm space, i fear it won't fit in but i hope it will without feet

Thank You

J0tar0Kjo

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0tar0Kjo View Post

Because i have a 20cm space, i fear it won't fit in but i hope it will without feet
You know it may just fit, but will have a measure this evening, apologies for the delay, been busy.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbza22 View Post

In theory yes, but the detail that worries me more is that the lightning version occupies a little more than two slots. Will may not allow me to close the case?

What do you think about it?
After looking closer at the case i do not believe that graphics card will fit, it would literally be 1 or 2mm to tight, sorry.

Quote:

I measure the case without feet to be 193mm high, even if i'm off bt 1 or 2mm you should still be within your 200mm space.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone! especially at huwsharpe, thanks for the invite, just wanna ask how do I join the club?
biggrin.gif

here is my sidepanel mod on an elite 130, not mine really, hope you enjoy!

in the future, im planning on owning an elite 120, dont have a mobo yet.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff05 View Post

just wanna ask how do I join the club?
Look a professional window mod there, though i am curious how it effects airflow and temperatures? I hope Cooler Master release a windowed lid, perhaps with ventilation holes in the perspex, defiantly on the GPU side, but i am not holding my breath. To join the clue;

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSharpe View Post

To join the owners club simply post a photo of your Elite M-ITX case and request "ADD ME" stating the name of your build.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks, HuwSharpe, no ventilation on the gpu side is my concern also, but that whats the owner wants
redface.gif
, he wants a clean panel on both sides,I wish cooler master considers placing the vents near the middle in their future cases, so that if someone mods their cases like putting acrylic panels would be much easier, btw Im requesting you to ADD ME on the lists. thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Cooler Master Elite 110

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40
Thermal Compound: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra Thermal Interface Material
Thermal Compound: Xigmatek Freezing Point G4718 4g Thermal Paste
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact
Memory: Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 16GB (2x8) @ 1600
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: Asus GTX 760 DirectCUII
Case: Cooler Master Elite 110 ITX Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-S12A PWM 120mm Fan
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply

ELITE 110 Build:

pictures:

The Elite 110 and 130 Cases - 130 build still in progress...same parts except full liquid cooled and an EVGA GTX 780ti OC

image1-1.jpg

image2-1.jpg

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquored View Post

Cooler Master Elite 110

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40
Thermal Compound: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra Thermal Interface Material
Thermal Compound: Xigmatek Freezing Point G4718 4g Thermal Paste
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact
Memory: Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 16GB (2x8) @ 1600
Video Card: Asus GTX 760 DirectCUII
Case: Cooler Master Elite 110 ITX Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-S12A PWM 120mm Fan
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply
Welcome Liquored, thanks for the detailed post, i have added you to the owners list. Great build by the way. I actually wanted to get the Elite 110 but didn't have the cash for a new "small" graphics card, so had to get the Elite 130, which is still a great case, but the Elite 110 is amazing, especially when packed with high end gear as yours is.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:

Welcome Liquored, thanks for the detailed post, i have added you to the owners list. Great build by the way. I actually wanted to get the Elite 110 but didn't have the cash for a new "small" graphics card, so had to get the Elite 130, which is still a great case, but the Elite 110 is amazing, especially when packed with high end gear as yours is.
I'm real happy with how it turned out. @ 2560x1440 the 760 Asus card does well. a constant 70-85 FPS with max settings except AA and v-sync off. not really needed at that resolution and I'm not experiencing tearing on the 60hz Qnix.

The 130 had the 110 parts installed with the EVGA 780ti OC and it would do 120 hz @ 120 FPS with AA on. this is with SWTOR.

Crysis 2 works at 40 FPS with the ti, 30 with the 760 whereas Crysis 3 steps up to 60 and 40 respectively

many worry about heat. yes these cases can get hot, ensure you have enough ventilation.the kracken cooler is 140mm though much thinner than the 120mm kuhler. i have better case air flow with the kracken but temps are 5C higher on the CPU. case wise its a bit cooler to the touch. sounds strange but im ok with that since overall the system is cooler. (i have dry fitment pics I'll load up later)

the 130 is getting the full liquid cooling setup. I'm waiting on the correct pump for the resivour and the GPU block. then the fun begins with the acryllic tubing. I was hoping to use 2 rads but ran out of space. one for the cpu and one for the gpu to maximize cooling and force a lot of air through the case. this case gets much warmer than the 110. mostly due to the video cards.

these 2 builds are going on during my off time while deployed. cant wait to really test them out when i return home.

oh the 130 build will get a delid and lapping job on the CPU when i return home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:

I measure the case without feet to be 193mm high, even if i'm off bt 1 or 2mm you should still be within your 200mm space.
thanks mate, do you think that psu will suffer without proper topside airflow?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Quote:

thanks mate, do you think that psu will suffer without proper topside airflow?
If i were you and installing the case in such a tight space i would have the PSU drawing air from inside the case, as even though the air will be warmer it will be greater throughput. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh woah you can fit AIO liquid cooling in the Elite 110? How tough was the cable routing with the AIO cooler? And also, bear with me here, but as awesome as that 110 looks, I can't help but feel.... "Awww it's adorable, but still badass at the same time."

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizmo View Post

Oh woah you can fit AIO liquid cooling in the Elite 110? How tough was the cable routing with the AIO cooler? And also, bear with me here, but as awesome as that 110 looks, I can't help but feel.... "Awww it's adorable, but still badass at the same time."
http://www.overclock.net/t/1459773/cooler-master-elite-110-case-build-log

Looking down, I dont have room for a push pull config with the 140mm AIO or the 120mm AOI.
Cables on the PSU got in the way. If you had a shorter PSU, then you could add a puller fan on a narrow radiator.

Here you can see how I routed the bezel cables next to the GPU. Also at the left corner of the radiator you can see the wifi antenna cables,
I put them out the front of the bezel with the antenna stuck to the bottom of the case. hidden while still getting a good signal.
better than keeping it inside the case.

NZXT Kracken AIO and how I routed the lines to maximize the airflow from the rad fan.

140mm rad from the back of the case.

140mm Fan does not fit. It hits the front bezel switch. Here the 120mm Pusher fan is installed.

Here you can see how I routed the non-modular Motherboard power cables from the PSU.
Routed up and tucked above the PSU then back down the outside of the case and under the AIO lines.

Power cables routed around the AIO lines to keep the inside of the case free for better airflow.

Looking down with the PSU installed.

ASUS 760 DirectCU II just fits without touching the front of the case. Plus you can see the USB cables and
such from the bezel coming in just behind the GPU board. I made a big loop so stay clear of everything to the board.
Also helps to have that slack when I take the bezel off to clean the filter. Filter is the entire face of the bezel.

Cables to the SSD and such are stuffed between the HDD mount above the PSU. Keeps the rest of the case open.

hope this helps explain how I ran everything with heat disipation in mind. The Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 620
does a great job pulling air out of the case. Whereas the Corsair RM650 didnt due to its fan only coming on when the PSU gets warm.
the Elite130 case got the Corsair PSU since its fully water cooled. That is in work at this time. Just need to route the acryllic lines.

Temps:

CPU- 38 at idle
GPU- 46 at idle

After playing SWTOR for an hour @ 2560x1440 110hz with FPS= mid 80's max settings ingame with AA and VSync OFF and max settings for GPU and VSync OFF

CPU- 52 ingame
GPU- 83 ingame

·
Registered
247 Posts
ok finally got the Elite 130 build wrapped up. i have a leak but its minor and will fix when i return home...ELITE 130 Buildlog]

Elite 130 Buildlog

on to the teaser pics:

]

]

ELITE 110 Buildlog

Also built a Cooler Master Elite 110 case. similar parts, different GPU, PSU, and Cooling method. AIO vs full custom loop

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Thanks for sharing your Elite 130 photos Liquored, but anychance you could edit your post and resize them, they are huge! Just thinking of the views with slower broadband and myself on my mobile.

I assume you had to make the cuts at the front to accomodate the rather large raditaor? Looks good by the way, some creative ways of mountsing drives =)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for sharing your Elite 130 photos Liquored, but anychance you could edit your post and resize them, they are huge! Just thinking of the views with slower broadband and myself on my mobile.

I assume you had to make the cuts at the front to accomodate the rather large raditaor? Looks good by the way, some creative ways of mountsing drives =)
fixed. sorry about that.

you are correct the front of the case had accomodated a 120mm fan that was recessed in the front of the case. the fan was flush with the front of the case. i cut those tabs off so the 140mm radiator would be tight up against the front of the case. plus it allowed more room behind the radiator for the fan and pump assembly.
the case comes with that HDD mount bracket. there isnt room for both drives. so did what i could to allow space between them and the cooling fittings and tubes and cable routing. I cant count how many times it was in and out during dry fitment tests.

cables look bad but they all up and out of the way. i may rp them out and cut them to length to clean up the look. but once set-up noone will see them so it really doesnt matter. there's plenty of room for airflow as is.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquored View Post

fixed. sorry about that.

you are correct the front of the case had accomodated a 120mm fan that was recessed in the front of the case. the fan was flush with the front of the case. i cut those tabs off so the 140mm radiator would be tight up against the front of the case. plus it allowed more room behind the radiator for the fan and pump assembly.
the case comes with that HDD mount bracket. there isnt room for both drives. so did what i could to allow space between them and the cooling fittings and tubes and cable routing. I cant count how many times it was in and out during dry fitment tests.

cables look bad but they all up and out of the way. i may rp them out and cut them to length to clean up the look. but once set-up noone will see them so it really doesnt matter. there's plenty of room for airflow as is.
Thanks for that. Looks like you have certainly put some thought and hours into that build. I don't have anywhere near the amount of hardware in mine as you do but even i am struggling to find homes for all my drives.

41 - 60 of 1023 Posts