Overclock.net banner

Which Cooler Master Elite ITX Case do you own?

• Elite 100

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Elite 110

Votes: 61 26.6%
  • Elite 120 Advanced

Votes: 34 14.8%
  • Elite 120 Advanced White

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Elite 130

Votes: 140 61.1%
1001 - 1020 of 1027 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

Here is my modded Elite 130
smile.gif

Side window with round corners, I have also removed the 3.5" drive bay to create more space for the large MSI 1070 Gaming X and better fit of the H60 v2 plus changed the 80mm side fan with a slim Akasa Fan which is very quiet and moves much more air. The CPU is an i7 4790k,

I have done the whole cutting with a Dremel and quite a bit of disks, for the holes for the spacers I have used a drill
smile.gif

The 120 fan is fixed with foamed double tape, it is important to use foamed as it will totally absorb any vibration, the one used bought in Maplin is extremely strong and wide just right for the slim fan profile.

There is also a led strip as you can see, the Gamix X has its own led but are very faint.

https://ibb.co/kkvCqb https://ibb.co/cSQCqb https://ibb.co/eHzGGG https://ibb.co/f6Ssqb https://ibb.co/f6bwGG

With this system I have a small gap for the graphic card to get air in, the radiator is on pull, and so is the 120 fan on the side. PSU is a BeQuiet is facing up and the whole system is dead silent and very okay under load.

Edit: No idea why on this forum the pictures look ridiculously small when clicking on it.

· Registered
16 Posts
I have finally updated my build, and i am still interested in a second AIO and better ways too cool GPU.

In my build some of the first things i did was take out the 5.2inch bay, i mean who even uses a dvd player anymore, i got an external for that anyways.
I have 4 hard-drives in this baby no bay.

I have 2 fractal 120mm fans pushing air out of the case, i have tested all configs possible and this was the best i considering GPU and CPU temps.
But would like a small but silent fan in the back of the case pulling air in. As is not Radiator on push pull is pulling fresh air albeit hot sometimes,
AIO is a Fractal Design Kelvin T12, with alphacool parts, its really a completely copper radiator and pump.
Its sporting a Noctua NF F-12, it had 2 but cooling was not optimal, so i put a CM Blademaster on it.
Im planning to switch all my fans for Nidec Gentle Typhoons.

Cpu temps are no higher than 70c meaning benchmark temps and not gaming load.
I can easily play Shadow of war on high 30c to low 50c.

I have some generic Red led lights i bought from Aliexpress that are held down by double-sided tape, i am going to hot glue them on since i do not like how shabby they look with the dual layer tape.
I have cut holes on the top for exhaust and right side fan. But have grills, and i am really happy with top fan grill, but would like to put another grill on side fan.

If anyone have any suggestions for better cooling GPU, as it is overclocked(MSI GTX 9704G @core 1519mhz mem 3808mhz), and can easily hit 83c on demanding games,
I have changed thermal paste(NT-H1)
and i have both a custom fan curve on MSI Afterburner, and exhaust fan curve on Speedfan.
But i am considering cutting more holes in front of the GPU for better cooling, or getting another AIO and water cooling it.

Disclaimer, Cable management has been performed to the degree possible after taking this pictures, so please bare with me.

· Registered
1 Posts
Cats knocked over my Nano S, so for the time being, I had to revert back to my Elite 130.

Specs:
i7 4790S
Zotac GTZ 1070 Founders Edition

Alphacool XT45 120mm radiator
Bitspower 40mm Reservoir
Topsflo TDC-B pump
Heatkiller IV Acetal CPU & GPU blocks
EKWB fittings.

The drawing of the proposed loop.
http://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1515617/4/47/4752ff64_IMG_0807.jpeg

Before the leak testing.
http://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1515617/9/95/95822050_IMG_0811.jpeg

Ready to start... I know the cable mgmt could be better...
http://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1515617/c/cb/cb84d794_IMG_0813.jpeg
http://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1515617/a/ab/ab03506f_IMG_0814.jpeg
Hi equilni!

I'm looking forward to do something similar to what you have.

Seems perfect! but I have some quick questions that I hope you or someone with a similar setup don't mine answering:

1. I guess you had to bend the tabs for the 2.5 drive underneath the 5.25 bay right? but bending the tabs is enough, no need to cut the "base" supporting the tabs right? Trying to figure it out based on the radiator's dimensions and your photos but still not clear enough...
  2. Now you had it running for a while... how hard is maintaining/clean/drain it?
  3. Do you think using a more thin reservoir will fit in front of the graphic card space?
  4. I see you are running the PSU with the fan facing upwards, that means you are pushing-pulling air outside the case trough the radiator instead of using it as intake exhausting trough the PSU? If that is the case, have you tried both configs to know which one would be actually better?
  5. And finally... maximum temps you are getting under heavy load?
Thank you in advance!!
Best.

· Registered
68 Posts

Hey guys, thinking of getting CM Elite 110 with i7-8700K but not sure what cooler to put inside and it to be quite. I don't plan to OC. Also, I will not use VGA but integrated graphics.
Suggestions?

Maybe something like Artic cooling freezer 120? Not sure how thick radiator can be..

What about PSU, should I go with SFX to have as much space as possible? (again, quiet is important).

· Registered
6,135 Posts
Hey guys, thinking of getting CM Elite 110 with i7-8700K but not sure what cooler to put inside and it to be quite. I don't plan to OC. Also, I will not use VGA but integrated graphics.
Suggestions?

Maybe something like Artic cooling freezer 120? Not sure how thick radiator can be..

What about PSU, should I go with SFX to have as much space as possible? (again, quiet is important).
What kind of computer would necessitate a 8700k but no GPU?

· Registered
6,135 Posts
The one that is running a lot of simulation/database/applications but not playing games :)
Right but wouldnt a ryzen 2700x be a better idea for that sort of workload then? Cheaper, less heat more cores etc. As for cooler id go with a 120 aio in the front.

· Registered
68 Posts
Right but wouldnt a ryzen 2700x be a better idea for that sort of workload then? Cheaper, less heat more cores etc. As for cooler id go with a 120 aio in the front.
But I need integrated graphics.
I guess I will go with artic cooling liquid freezed 120. It's almsot 50% cheaper then corsair H80i. Also, I will go with SFX PSU so there will be more space for cables and airflow.

· Registered
6,135 Posts
But I need integrated graphics.
I guess I will go with artic cooling liquid freezed 120. It's almsot 50% cheaper then corsair H80i. Also, I will go with SFX PSU so there will be more space for cables and airflow.
You could buy a gt 710 on ebay for 5 bucks for a display output. Just saying 8700k's are super hot even at stock unless you delid them, and the ryzen 2700x would likely be faster for the sort of things you are doing....and its cheaper.

· Registered
68 Posts
I need both display port and HDMI (use 2 monitors, UHD and QHD) and ryzen's price is same in my country like 8700K.
GT710 doesn't have hdmi and DP, I would have to go with 1030 (80€+ in europe with shipping), but I already have small case so GPU will take some space :/

· Registered
6,135 Posts
I need both display port and HDMI (use 2 monitors, UHD and QHD) and ryzen's price is same in my country like 8700K.
GT710 doesn't have hdmi and DP, I would have to go with 1030 (80€+ in europe with shipping), but I already have small case so GPU will take some space :/
Umm to get display port on an itx motherboard you are going to have to spend at minimum 140 dollars. I think the gt 1030 and ryzen route is the better option even if its a few bucks more, less heat output and it will be faster for what you are doing. Just my 2c. BTW i own a 8700k but only because i game at high refresh rates, if i didnt i would have picked 2700x over it.

· Registered
68 Posts
I was planing to buy MBO with z370 itx (190$ here) while AM4 B350 ITX is 135$. GPU would also make more heat in case right?

I am not sure if I put GPU, how much space for radiator I would have. Maybe I would need to go with different case then..

· Registered
6,135 Posts
I was planing to buy MBO with z370 itx (190$ here) while AM4 B350 ITX is 135$. GPU would also make more heat in case right?

I am not sure if I put GPU, how much space for radiator I would have. Maybe I would need to go wit different case then..
No the gt 1030 is a 25 or 35w GPU it produces no heat. I dont own the elite 110 but im pretty sure a tiny gt 1030 would be fine with a radiator, maybe someone else can chime in tho. You could also consider finding a 1700x on sale, that would be even less heat and would still outperform a stock 8700k in programs that use cores properly.

· Registered
6,135 Posts
Is the heat really that big of a problem for nonOC 8700K with 120mm thick radiator?
When I look at userbenchmark:
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X/3937vs3915

8700K beats almost everything^^
You would have to look at your individual programs, but generally a 2700x is going to stomp a 8700k in programs that can fully make use of all of its cores. 8700k sells because its the best gaming CPU, productivity AMD has increased its lead with ryzen 2. As for heat ya its kind of a problem, with a 240 aio my stock 8700k was hitting the 80's in stress tests, depending on how stressful your programs are i cant say for sure that a 120 aio would be enough. Feel free to ask around in the 8700k thread but that is why i think amd is the better choice for a small form factor build that isnt gaming focused.

· Registered
46 Posts
You would have to look at your individual programs, but generally a 2700x is going to stomp a 8700k in programs that can fully make use of all of its cores. 8700k sells because its the best gaming CPU, productivity AMD has increased its lead with ryzen 2. As for heat ya its kind of a problem, with a 240 aio my stock 8700k was hitting the 80's in stress tests, depending on how stressful your programs are i cant say for sure that a 120 aio would be enough. Feel free to ask around in the 8700k thread but that is why i think amd is the better choice for a small form factor build that isnt gaming focused.
Agreed I'm already in the process of upgrading my box to a 2700x. Im going to see if I cant squeeze the Cryorig C1 into the case since Im using a SFX PSU. But the Temps and power are much more controllable with AMD's Ryzen CPUs.

· Registered
6,135 Posts
Agreed I'm already in the process of upgrading my box to a 2700x. Im going to see if I cant squeeze the Cryorig C1 into the case since Im using a SFX PSU. But the Temps and power are much more controllable with AMD's Ryzen CPUs.
You would melt down a 2700x with that cooler lol.

1001 - 1020 of 1027 Posts