Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've added a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus ($30 bucks @ Micro Center) to my Intel i5 / Asus P7P55D Pro Board, and I wanted to share the results with the community.

This system was overclocked to 3.50988 GHz using Turbo V on a Window 7 64Bit System. I'm sharing the results of the cooling fan, in a real time performance mode, this way those wanting to know what a good CPU Fan to buy may be for the Intel i5 / 1156 board.

Please note: I did update my Bios (flashed it) using software provided by Asus before I ran this test, the original bios had some temperature problems for some reason, but the flash will fix these temperature issues.

I got the title wrong, it's the Hyper 212 not 512 BTW, sorry for the mistake..

BTW: (edited)

NOTE: This Fan Cooler works on multiple Sockets!

LGA 775 / 1156 / 1366 / AM2 / AM2+ & AM3!!!!!! o_O Wow!

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowclock View Post
Glad to see the 212+ holding up well. You can Advanced edit and change your title by the way.
Can you help me with that, obviously I'm a newb, don't know how to get to advanced edit, though I do know how to edit my post.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by _GTech View Post
Can you help me with that, obviously I'm a newb, don't know how to get to advanced edit, though I do know how to edit my post.

After you click the edit button one of the buttons displayed at the bottom right of the "body" of your edit is the "Go Advanced" button. Once you click that your title will be displayed above the "body" of your edit screen and you can edit it there.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by _GTech View Post
I've added a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus ($30 bucks @ Micro Center) to my Intel i5 / Asus P7P55D Pro Board, and I wanted to share the results with the community.

This system was overclocked to 3.50988 GHz using Turbo V on a Window 7 64Bit System. I'm sharing the results of the cooling fan, in a real time performance mode, this way those wanting to know what a good CPU Fan to buy may be for the Intel i5 / 1156 board.

Please note: I did update my Bios (flashed it) using software provided by Asus before I ran this test, the original bios had some temperature problems for some reason, but the flash will fix these temperature issues.

I got the title wrong, it's the Hyper 212 not 512 BTW, sorry for the mistake..
Nice work! I was wondering how the Hyper 212 would work with the i5.

It's a good cooler for the price! At least that's what I've read.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its great for the price... however it doesn't quite cut it at 4GHz 1.33-1.35 Vcore, even in my HAF922 with my window open it gets way too hot. Idle temps are still very nice though, I think its main issue is scaling poorly at high temps (similar to most HDT coolers), so if you don't plan on doing anything crazy its totally a great deal.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Living Room (large area), with ambient temps running around 65 - 75 F (Winter Here)

As to the 4.0 GHz post, obivously you need a water cooler for 4 GHz, no doubt about it!

I think for 3.5 - 3.6 GHz the fan cooler is just fine.

Besides how much is .4 GHz gonna matter?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by _GTech
View Post

The Living Room (large area), with ambient temps running around 65 - 75 F (Winter Here)

As to the 4.0 GHz post, obivously you need a water cooler for 4 GHz, no doubt about it!

I think for 3.5 - 3.6 GHz the fan cooler is just fine.

Besides how much is .4 GHz gonna matter?

My Megahalems handles it just fine, and no 4GHz over say 3.7 isn't going to make much of a difference, but thats not the point! overclocking to the max is fun.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
I recently purchased this cooler as well for a build for my dad. Handles a 3.55 GHz Q9450 VERY well. Idles at 34C and loads at 58C.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, here are the results of the 3.85 GHz Overclock on the Hyper 212+, I turned up the heat in the room substantially, to ensure that the test were not fake, I stress tessed it two times for a total of 10 minutes, and the i5 never got above 63c on one core (others didn't even hit 60c!)

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sure you could take this set up to the 4.3 GHz (NO DOUBT!)
(Temps would probably rap around 72-78c full load)

The fans all came with the packaging.

The fan that comes with the Hyper 212+ MUST blow out the back of the case, so point it towards the fan blowing the air out of the case, this will in turn make your suck into the case better too and even keep the internal case temps down!

BTW: Here is the most recent and best stable OC I have achieved @ 3.7 GHz, I'm fairly confident this set up would work with an Intel Stock fan too!

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...7-ghz-fan.html

Take a look and please don't forget to leave a comment, thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts