Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I have a Scythe Ninja B cooling my E6750, but I'm pretty desapointed with it. @ stocks speeds it's reaching 65C under load (ambiente temp around 28C-30C).

I was thinking about buying a new cooler and this Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus showed up to be a good performer according to many reviews. What really got my atention was its price though. In my country currency I can get one for R$85. A Noctua NH-U12P goes for about R$250, just for comparison. I have no idea why it's so cheap.

So, my question is: will I see good improvements going from my current Scythe to this CM?

Another thing that's interesting about the CM is its compatibility with 775, 1156, 1366 sockets. So I can use it in the future if I upgrade my system. (Btw, how far would I be able to push, lets say, a i7 920 with it?)

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
I woulde get the

Mugen 2
Dark Knight
True
Megahalem
The new Noctua cooler that came out is suppose to be great to
Unfortunately, none of those cooler are avaliable here

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

If the 212+ is your only option, get it, it's a great cooler for the money

It's not quite my "only option". I just got interested in it because of the price. I mean, if it give me better performance than my Scythe it'd be great for just 1/3 of the price of a high end cooler.

I wasn't really looking for a new cooler. Its just one of those "hey, thats a deal a i cant pass!" moments

(Português? Ano que vem estamos juntos na Copa!
)

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
For a C2D/Qs it will be very nice! I had an orig Hyper 212 with push/pull config for an E8400 and Q9650, both clocked to 4GHz and it performed quite nicely.

I think I paid around $40USD and it served me well for 2+ years

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
For the price, the CM Hyper 212+ offers a great value. If I wanted to upgrade from stock, I would chose the hyper 212+ as the minimum because of the performance and value.

Over here, the CM Hyper 212+ goes for $30 shipped.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's cheap, and it does the job, provides great idle temps but I have found it cools somewhat unevenly, and at higher temps (say on an 4GHz i7 running prime95 or LinX) it can barely keep things under 90.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts