1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
i vote antec because i hate how the haf looks and tricools ftw! they are almost the same case (almost the same features) so its pretty much up to aesthetics

edit: *** the HAF comes with 1 fan???? wow definately get the antec, its an awesome case compared to that HAF

• Rep+
Reactions: Mechrock

·
Registered
301 Posts
I personally like the CM towers. I got a HAF X from them and I love it. The build quality is excellent, I could jump up and down on this thing and it wouldn't notice. The CM also has wiring holes, which that antec does not have. You can't overlook how much nicer good cable management will make your computer. I would definatly go with the 912 if I were you.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
I'd personally grab the Antec. I think the HAF cases are butt ugly. Either should have decent airflow though. So its honestly your choice, based on looks alone.

• Rep+

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I'd get the HAF just because it has 100% more cable management capabilities. I don't see a single hole on the Antec

Oh, and the HAF like most updated cases have a blackplate hole, which allows you to install aftermarket coolers without removing the mobo. This is definitely a win for HAF

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
keep in mind you can easily make your own cable management holes for free.... you can't make your own fans.... and the antec comes with 3x120mm tricools and 1x140mm twocool and the HAF only comes with 1x120mm 1200 rpm front fan

• Rep+

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solmors
View Post

I personally like the CM towers. I got a HAF X from them and I love it. The build quality is excellent, I could jump up and down on this thing and it wouldn't notice. The CM also has wiring holes, which that antec does not have. You can't overlook how much nicer good cable management will make your computer. I would definatly go with the 912 if I were you.

I think the Antec does have wire management holes behind the hdd bays.. If it didn't I would defiantly go for the HAF.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-block
View Post

I didn't realize that the HAF only came with one fan. Get the Antec.

Number of fans don't matter much, as stock fans suck generally anyways. Antec Tri-cools aren't very good fans, nor are the stock CM fans. Go to Petra's and pick up some YL SH-12s for $5 a fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechrock
View Post

I think the Antec does have wire management holes behind the hdd bays.. If it didn't I would defiantly go for the HAF.

It does not. I recently built a rig for a friend using an Antec 300. No cable management holes at all. I had to ziptie **** to the HDD bays and stuff. Not pretty.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I am a Cooler Master fanboy. I love mine. I must say that Antec looks really nice. If you want looks then I say take the Antec as the Cooler Master is really ugly.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks don't matter. I would rather have it more quite. This is not for my sig rig. I am moving my Dell computer into this case and it will run 24/7.

I have 1 extra 120mm fan I can put in the case I choose.

The Dell only has one 120mm fan now to cool it...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solmors
View Post

Number of fans don't matter much, as stock fans suck generally anyways. Antec Tri-cools aren't very good fans, nor are the stock CM fans. Go to Petra's and pick up some YL SH-12s for $5 a fan.

It does not. I recently built a rig for a friend using an Antec 300. No cable management holes at all. I had to ziptie **** to the HDD bays and stuff. Not pretty.

you can put cables behind the HDD bay, you can see it in the picture... and fans do matter for this build because this isn't his main rig so i doubt he wants to do anything special with it.... and yes it is very easy to stuff the wires behind the hdd bays because i did the same thing with my antec 200 which has an almost identical interior to this case (i think it actually does) cable management isn't too bad with it because its so small, the only tricky cable is the cpu one and the can be run up along the side of the pci slots and under the back fan... IMO its just plain foolish to get the HAF 912 over the antec 300... oh and antec tricools are decent fans, i know because i have 6+ and am using 5 right now

• Rep+

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Tricools are good case fans, if you don't mind the noise. Or the obnoxiously bright LEDs.
I'd get the 912, simply for the features.
The 300 has cable manage, but only behind the HDD, where as the 912 has the normal HAF treatment. For $60, it can't really be beat. I have a 300, and I've even modded it to add cable management. I also have another case that has those holes precut, and it is much nicer.
And seriously? It only comes with the one fan? I almost doubt that, every case has the back 120mm exhaust fan. Just get some more fans, they're not that expensive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts