Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I recently purchased a Cooler Master V8 on eBay from a friend and upon opening the box, the bracket for 1366 was not there but instead a a different bracket was included. I'm planning to run this on an i7 and I was wondering if it will still work considering that on the box it says that its i7 compatible. The bracket im talking about is that "X" shaped one.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok I get it now. Its kinda stupid because supposedly theres a different kind of 1366 bracket and i thought that i could just order one but their all sold out. Thanks so much.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
That looks like 775 mount to me. The 1366 mount that I have is a 3 way adjustable 775/1156/1366 bracket and the same backplate mounts AMD and intel.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The spider bracket doesn't work out. And I decided to go with the v8 because it fits in with the style of my setup. But its weird cuz I dont have the 1366 retention bracket and I don't know if I could just use the LGA775 bracket?

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
some boards use 775 mounts, but I'm pretty sure none of the EVGA boards do. I know mine doesn't. go to coolermasters website and submit a part request for it and they will send you the correct part free of charge. I'm waiting to get a new 1366 mount for mine right now.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long have you been waiting? Cuz it seems that every website that I checked has it out of stock

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
about a week and a half. They have a live chat you can do, which usually speeds the process up a good amount. Wouldn't hurt for you to try that or send them an email about it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright Im gonna have to get on that right away. Thanks for the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts