Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a Cooler Master MasterAir MA620M CPU cooler in a workstation (ASUS P9X79-E WS) with Xeon E5-2697 v2, but it's running too hot.
When I installed it I noticed that the CPU is not fully covered. There are 2mm from both sides (on the long side) coming out.

The temps initially were good high 30s low 40C, over a month later it wouldn't go under 50C and more often high 50s at idle.

Are there any copper plates to put between the heatsink copper plate and the CPU?
Anything else I could do?
Should I get a new cooler better suited for E5-2697 v2 (2011 socket)?

It saddens me to have to let this cooler go.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
It sounds like you have a contact issue. Have you remounted and checked your TIM print? And what TIM are you using? Unless something has changed with your CPU, temps rising after install are typically indicative of a TIM or mounting issue.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like you have a contact issue. Have you remounted and checked your TIM print? And what TIM are you using? Unless something has changed with your CPU, temps rising after install are typically indicative of a TIM or mounting issue.
Thanks,
I just checked the cooler, but it's not sagging.
I'm going to order a brand new thermal compound and will reinstall the cooler.

Will report back once I have the cooler remounted.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
Thanks,
I just checked the cooler, but it's not sagging.
I'm going to order a brand new thermal compound and will reinstall the cooler.

Will report back once I have the cooler remounted.
You can'r check a TIM print without removing the cooler, and a bad mount in most cases won't be visible in any other way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts