Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about upgrading to a 945/955 (most likely the 955) and seeing how far I can push it. Only problem is my case has 160mm of clearence for a CPU cooler, so things like the Mugen 2 are out of reach (2mm is cutting it a bit fine
).

So my cunning budget solution is to grab me a CM TX3 and ghetto rig a 120mm fan to point directly onto the CPU (from the side of the case). All up I'd only be looking at around $40 for the whole setup so it's still well within budget (~$50), but I'm not too sure how the TX3 goes for OC'ing? I guess I'd try for 3.5/.6 with the 955, would the TX3 +ghetto fan be able to handle this?

·
Registered
347 Posts
i'm using that hyper tx3.. it's working well as affordable HSF.. but if you have more budget.. try get hyper 212plus or cooler master N620 or N520..

they are better than tx3..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by razo007
View Post

i'm using that hyper tx3.. it's working well as affordable HSF.. but if you have more budget.. try get hyper 212plus or cooler master N620 or N520..

they are better than tx3..

Thanks for the reply!

I reckon I might stick with the TX3, the others are probably not going to fit in my case...

Judging by your sig rig, the TX3 is perfectly capable of handling a decent OC right?

·
Registered
347 Posts
yes.. but i don't think it can handle too much oc.. but i got 3.68ghz on my PHII and unlocked it to three core... and temp was pretty well..

·
Registered
232 Posts
UM i dont know if your case is to smal but a Dark Knight with an extra 120mm fan has me stable at 3.9 c3 955--48C load---30c idle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts