Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea I'm wanting to get a cooler that will keep it cool, and I'm going with a 430 because I'm wanting to learn how ot overclock, and i figured i could do it with not to much invested but still be able to upgrade if needed/wanted. Would a Mugen 2 work out okay?

And sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.

·
Just living in a van...
1,439 Posts
Honestly the stock cooler would almost be enough for that processor (don't need much additional voltage for a 100% overclock on many of them), so virtually any aftermarket cooler will be fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, and if i decided to upgrade eventually to a E8400 that mugen would be sufficient for that as well?

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Yes the Mugen should be good but if you want the best go with the Primotech Megahalem.

Also, you would want OCZ Freeze thermal paste and some nice 38mm fans.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
The Mugen would be good for the 8400. The only problem with that cooler is most of the reviews I have read hate the mounting setup.

I would personally go with the xig 1283

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
i was fiddling with my celeron 420 a few days ago, got it up to 2.8Ghz from 1.6Ghz with only bumping up the vcore a little, temps were like mid 60C's in IBT with my noctua, so temps shouldn't be an issue with almost any aftermarket HSF.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Actually I put a 430 into my gf lil bro's computer and it ran really really hot with an older zalman hsf. Have no idea why =/

I overclocked it to 3.6 ghz though =) Ran really well but at ~ 70C on load. Cheap chip anyway that I got from frys for 40 dollars with mobo. Ended up selling the motherboard off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts