Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking in investing in a laptop sometime soon. Last time I had one I had many issues with keeping it cool and preventing it from burning my legs when I used it. I need some help to figure out a few things.

-Are laptop coolers the best way to keep the laptop cool?
-What product would you recommend for a 17" laptop?

Thanks in advance for your help
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
The biggest thing to consider when buying a laptop is the cooling and the main usage of the laptop. If you're going to game heavily on it, I don't recommend most of the laptops with a single heatpipe design for the GPU and CPU. There are plenty of notebooks out their designed with a dual heatsink and fan design for the CPU and GPU. But these come at the price of a heavier and thicker notebook. But that's another thread.

I have been using a cooler master U3 on my M18x for well over a year. I like that I can adjust the fan positions to sit directly under the intakes on the laptop to help force cooler air across the heatsinks. Its relatively inexpensive at around $30 and Ive been happy with it, its a simple item, build quality is decent, could be better, but could be a lot worse too. LOL

In addition to a notebook cooler, I Also use FPS caps when I game in order to prevent the components from working harder than necessary, this will help you keep it cool. Im not sure what your old laptops have been in the past, but the newer laptops have more mobile oriented components and you get a lot more power with the ability to keep it cool and give decent battery life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts