Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering whether the cooling in my dell was sufficient enough to run a 5770? There is only one fan in the case (not including cpu cooler) and its an exhaust fan at the back, as shown below:

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
I have a 5770 running in an HTPC (Home Theater PC) which has a smaller CPU fan then yours, and only the PSU fan, and it runs fine. I even play Dirt 2 with it and the card still manages to run fine. Dont get me wrong, it does run a little warmer inside the case, but not too much. Note that I do have the V1 cooler which is the referrence design and not the V2 cooler which cools the GPU more efficiently.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
It might be..Your card might run a lil hot but it does have lower power computation so that will help it out and you probably need more fans in general, but that is just my feeling. And can your dell psu run the 5770? But it should be cool enough but will run a lil hotter in your tower then in others due to lack of fans..

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralCuster44
View Post

It might be..Your card might run a lil hot but it does have lower power computation so that will help it out and you probably need more fans in general, but that is just my feeling. And can your dell psu run the 5770? But it should be cool enough but will run a lil hotter in your tower then in others due to lack of fans..

No prob not, so I plan to replace the PSU with a corsair or OCZ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, the 350 watt power supply is going to limit your stability, go splurge on a 40-50 dollar 500 watt supply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts