Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the most cost effective cooling solution you have found???
I have a Swiftech block with a 80mm fan, which keeps my sempy pretty cool, but it is really dependent on the ambient temp in the house, about 20c above ambient. Although this is OK now, while the furnace kicks in to keep the house about 70f, I don't know how it's gonna do when summer comes around and the temps go to around 90f...poor bugger might fry!!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You've got a 80mm fan on a Watercooling block? That's not very good at all. Theres no fins to dissipate heat. If your running socket A get a thermaltake volcano 12 If your running 754 or 939 get a thermaltake big typhoon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's not a watercooling block, just a huge piece of copper with chromed pins sticking out of the top of it and a 80mm fan mounted on top. Was curious if there was a more cost effective way of cooling than a $200.00 water setup.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by harvshark

No, it's not a watercooling block, just a huge piece of copper with chromed pins sticking out of the top of it and a 80mm fan mounted on top. Was curious if there was a more cost effective way of cooling than a $200.00 water setup.

Cost effective, air cooling is your best bet imo. I would say an xp-90/90c/120 or a big typhoon.

Only costs around 50bucks or less

1 - 4 of 4 Posts