Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I think there should be a separate section about why this doesn't work, because I know that duckieho and some of the other regulars must be getting tired of answering this question over and over.

Not just a sticky, but a separate section.

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
If that was to be done then would need to be a seperate secton on why the TRUE is the best air cooler.

It would lead to clutter IMHO

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief
View Post

THey could call the section, Air Cooling Facts

And its mascot would be captain obvious

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Here's what we should do;

The next time somebody's first post is "Hai guyz. I just had a brilliant idea. I'm gonna cool a pooter with a freezer. I'm a genius.blahblabhblah", we should all wholeheartedly encourage them. They spend $800 and cool their computer for two weeks and everything craps out. Then everyone says, "Oh geez, it seemed like it would work and you are such a genius. Oh well, now we know." Then the next time someone posts their freezer 'puter idea instead of twenty pages of talking sense to a rock everyone just posts a link to the "F4il thread". Or for ultimate shootz and giggles repeat the whole process!

EDIT: To be fair, in the latest instance of this at least the guy conceded the point fairly quickly instead of arguing with the entire forum like usual. It still doesn't excuse the lack of basic search skills.

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief
View Post

THey could call the section, Air Cooling Facts

Or they could make a sticky.

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
We need an Overclocking Myth and Urban Legends FAQ honestly...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidrabit View Post
here's what we should do;

the next time somebody's first post is "hai guyz. I just had a brilliant idea. I'm gonna cool a pooter with a freezer. I'm a genius.blahblabhblah", we should all wholeheartedly encourage them. They spend $800 and cool their computer for two weeks and everything craps out. Then everyone says, "oh geez, it seemed like it would work and you are such a genius. Oh well, now we know." then the next time someone posts their freezer 'puter idea instead of twenty pages of talking sense to a rock everyone just posts a link to the "f4il thread". or for ultimate shootz and giggles repeat the whole process!:d

edit: To be fair, in the latest instance of this at least the guy conceded the point fairly quickly instead of arguing with the entire forum like usual. It still doesn't excuse the lack of basic search skills.
amen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts