Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting this for the price. Don't want something for a massive overclock and the simplicity of no backing plate is a plus it also comes with thermal compound from what i've heard. can anyone comment on the quality of the pre applied thermal grease. from what I've read this thing is 5-10 degrees cooler then the stock HSF. this is most probably gona be used on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R will it all fit?

edit here is a link for a review http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...id=2200&page=5

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
The stock grease is TX2 I think, which isn't bad, but its not up their with OCZ Freeze, AC MX-2, AS5, or ICD7.

The cooler sucks though, I would get a Xigmatek S1283 listed above, as you don't need the backplate, it only applies 1 to 2*c difference in temps.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I cant get any of the HSF listed unless I buy online. I will be doing a rebuild and just wana get something else other then the stock I might spend the extra if needed but over a stock HSF is this a decent cooler? I'm not looking for anything with the cooling power of thermalright ultra 120. The store is local and is one of the cheapest in my state.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Had one. Not even comparable with the Higher end coolers. E.g. TT120, TRUE 120, S1283. Also Push in Pins are a con because they break easily. After reseating around 5 times mine broke.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1RonMan

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
how much does it cost in your area anyway? if it's reaching $40, i'd rather get a xigy.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
cool! tell me more about it when you use it. i might consider due to the lack availability of the high end ones in my area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts