·
Premium Member
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject: New GPU Core17 Project 7661
Quote:
Originally Posted by proteneer
Project Description:

This project will study the folding and high-energy intermediates of the FF domain, a model protein folding system. What makes this project exciting is that FF has been subject to extensive cutting-edge NMR spectroscopy studies that hope to experimentally reveal folding pathways at atomic resolution, the work of renown experimentalist Lewis Kay. Previously, atomic resolution detail has only been accessible to simulations, like those performed on FAH. Therefore, this provides a unique opportunity for these two methods to benchmark each other -- agreement between both methods would lend a great deal of confidence and scientific credibility to both methods, since each are fairly new and are rapidly pushing the boundaries of what is considered possible in the scientific community.

This project is the explicit-solvent version of p7660.

stats-cred = 1600
deadline = 5.5
timeout = 4.3
k-factor(QRB) = 0.75
AMD cards do not work on XP.

If you are using v7.2.x you will need to add this flag along with beta. Replace ati with nvidia depending on your card. It

Code:

Code:
<extra-core-args>-gpu-vendor=ati</extra-core-args>
This is not needed for 7.3.6

This is how it will look when adding each flag on the left and together in the GPU slot on the right:

I also show 1650 points in HFM, its acually 1600. FAHControl is correct.

Edit: Also expect 1 CPU core usage for nvidia users. See quote for AMD driver suggestions for lower CPU usage:
Quote:
Just a few recommendation for AMD folders:
I recommend Catalyst 13.1 (unmodified) for the HD 5000/6000 series (lower CPU usage than older versions).
The HD 7000 series I recommend Catalyst 13.2 beta (higher GPU usage) (HD 5000/6000 series have a higher CPU usage bug it seems).
Expect dips in GPU utilization around frames.

Edit2: If you were running beta with 7.2.9 there was a period that if you didn't have the extra core args entered every WU would fail. 7.3.6 is ok.

Edit3: Oh there and is some QRB
wink.gif
Doesn't seem like the extent of the last GPU QRB. Just puts it in like with other nvidia cores for me.

Edit4: HFM won't show PPD as the % goes by 2% in the log file. It will only show progress and be yellow.

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
Well, I'm hearing reports of around 50k PPD with 7970's with this core, so GPU folders, get cracking!

Finishing a unit now, I'll try and report back with how it goes if it picks up a Core 17 unit.

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aas88keyz View Post

Just saw this core myself and I wasn't supposed to do any folding today. HFM not reporting stats for it. no tpf, no credits, no ppd. Anything I need to add to get this to work.? And did we confirm nvidia need on cpu core? My project P7661.

Keep on foldin!
thumb.gif
Are you downloading the beta WU stats from Stanford for HFM?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

It WILL use one core. It's OpenCL.
The OpenCL implementation by nVidia.
wink.gif

AMD is doing very well in this regard.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by george_orm View Post

So is that AMD in the game for folding ?
Damn right AMD is back in the game!
thumb.gif

My 7970 is getting ~47k PPD.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Can confirm 1 cpu core for nvidia. even tried two but the fahcore only utilized another 2 or 3% more. So going with 1. Thanks for the HFM update link. Did that and it now shows me base points for wu but still no tpf or ppd. I will keep refreshing it.

Sorry this was basically a double post cause the pc bsod on me . core 17 the cause? beta will be beta I guess.

update: P7661 may be earning me 28 kppd according to FAHcontrol on a GTX 560ti 448 oc'd to 850MHz gpu clock and 2000MHz gpu memory clock. Here is to hoping the next wu does better. but still a jump from what I was avg this past weekend.

Keep on foldin'!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
869 Posts
Oh yeah, but not so much on my 5870, Just 12K

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
This is my unlocked 6950 @ 880mhz core using 12.11 beta7, it gets almost a steady 99% usage

EDIT:

Just changed drivers to 13.1

LOOK at the PPD now.... lol

EDIT:2

It went back down to the same as the first smaller pic, but the usage goes between 97-98%

1 - 20 of 1527 Posts