Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Can you buy the new 1333FSB verison of the Conroe in stores? (e-Stores might I add.) If so, I'm so getting that for Christmas, or maybe I'll wait till March and see if any really good, new motherboards come out.

Thanks,
[OCN] Ninja_Boy

Edit - Found out it was an ES, so it's not offically out, when will they be out for consumers to purchase?

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
I don't see the big deal about this chip. Aren't people pushing their fsbs up past that anyways?

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheetos316
View Post

I don't see the big deal about this chip. Aren't people pushing their fsbs up past that anyways?

Yup, I just believe it's a gimmick. People with a lot of money will go and buy something for the "GHZ".

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
That's not really what they do it for, its never for their personal gain, it's always testing for their forum and people who want that hardware to see how far they can get, compare and contrast from other processors and different revisions and steppings of the same.

·
Excel Guru
12,121 Posts
Notice how low the voltage is for that speed, though?! Only 1.24V!!! I would think Nasgul's voltage is a bit higher than that, so imagine the overclock potential.

I don't understand why people constantly call something merely a gimmick and then say "we can get our current processors up to that speed, so what's the point of buying it?". Did it ever occur to those who say this that the new processors are also overclockable? Look at the reduced voltage just to get that speed! So don't be so quick to discount new things just because it makes what you have even more obsolete, and thus you are a bit jealous whether you want to admit it or not.

I have no doubt that intel is doing this to make more money. That's obvious on almost everything any company does. This processor is no different in that respect. But look at the whole picture before you go off on a rampage of hatred because something new came out! This may be a new source of money for intel, but it obviously has advantages.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.