Overclock.net banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you can believe Core Temp, then my Core #! always runs cooler by several degrees at idle than my core #2, and under load is even worse. At $260.00 a pop, I think eating a green squealing worm would be preferable to peeling the top off my chip. And whats it look like under there anyway? Two of the old style chips on one die? Brrrrr. Scary!!

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
why is everyone so scared of removing the IHS? Mine honestly almost popped ITSELF off. After I got one side free in 10 seconds, the rest came off within another 10 seconds. It's easier than you think. And, not as risky as you think, either.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i might try it. im at 2.7 with 1.4vcore using the stock BT fan just waiting for some fan to get delivered so i can put my 125cfm ys tech bk on and still have some decent case fans. the guy i got it from got it to 3.1 but got scared of the temps. oh yeah my as5 has been on less than a day so i think stipping her naked is a bit premature atm, il do it when i reach my temp wall<br />
<br />
<br />
edit: ive got a x2 4200 with 3 missing pins that doesnt work i could do a test run on. the only problem with that is i cant test if i busted anything or what kinda temp drops i could expect lol

21 - 23 of 23 Posts