Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob here,

Sorry if this has been posted many times before but I couldn't find a similar thread. At first I thought there was something wrong with Core Temp (0.99.5) monitor but SpeedFan (V4.40) indicates identical core (Athlon II X4 630) temp. When booting into Win XP (Pro or HE) CPU temp immediately starts cooling. AMD "Cool&Quiet" option is disabled in BIOS and CPU-Z indicates constant core freq which is 3388 MHz = 242MHz x14 right now. I did have it running with stock voltages (Vcore~1.4V) at 3500MHz = 250MHzx14 but CPU Burn-in got it to hang after about 45 minutes. The opposite happens when monitoring from BIOS. Core temp immediately starts to climb. I suspect the OS is doing something to cool the CPU core(s) but no clue what it could be other than the AMD Cool&Quiet driver that installs with the other motherboard (MSI KA780G) drivers. Again CPU-Z indicates no variable core frequency. So why would running and monitoring CPU core temperature in BIOS raise the core temp?

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
The bios reports a roughly 50% load temperature of the CPU. So it's not the idle temperature.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts