Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people!!

I have a question regarding the i5 2500K oveclocking @ 4.0 GHz or max 4.5GHz BUT consider that i need this thing for 24/7 so i dont want to stress it much. Running full load in stock clocks brings me the temperature of 58C on cores and 47C on CPU and idle on cores is 29C and on CPU is 20C.
Im reading generaly that the only thing to do to get it working above 4.0 GHz is by switching the multiplier to 40x and up, then save bios and exit, but im sure its not only this...

Thanks in advance for your answers!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problems detected after 20 linX runs with 4096k memory used while the cpu-z shows 1.056 core voltage, bios says 1.296 Vcore, the cpu running @ 4.0GHz with 40x multiplier with 1333Mhz stable ram, auto CPU PLL, disabled intel turbo boost and everything else on default. The temps on cores are max 65C and average 58,4C and CPU temps max 54C and average 48C.

Tell me your opinions on that

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos659;15199755
No problems detected after 20 linX runs with 4096k memory used while the cpu-z shows 1.056 core voltage, bios says 1.296 Vcore, the cpu running @ 4.0GHz with 40x multiplier with 1333Mhz stable ram, auto CPU PLL, disabled intel turbo boost and everything else on default. The temps on cores are max 65C and average 58,4C and CPU temps max 54C and average 48C.

Tell me your opinions on that
Read the guide?
overclocking voltages on auto can be dangerous sometimes
smile.gif
disable all power saving features

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When it was on auto it was 1.320v so i seted it up manually to -0.030 and got 1.296v. I really cant understand why to disable all the saving power features... i dont want my cpu to work all the time on 4.0Ghz... i want it to get lower when CPU is on idle. Its a sfe overclock anyways...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, because of the low Vcore voltage in Cpu (1.296v) nvidia driver crashed and recovered by itself. So i've turned it to auto tested with prime95 for 10 hours 0 errors 0 warnings. The settings for 4.0Ghz that worked for me are the below:
Multiplier -> 40x
RAM -> 13.33
Voltages -> AUTO
disabled the CPU PLL, Intel turbo boost and the change in core clock inside the OS.
Everything else stayed on defualt and auto.
Max temps were 54 for CPU and 66 for cores after the 10 hours of testing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ya, my Giga board would do 4.5 all day long on auto, including vcore. It auto set vcore to a touch more than what was really needed (1.36) but that's not a dangerous level. Just changed the multi (OK, I disabled unused features like 1394, GSata, onboard GPU) and let her rip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.