Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this seems to be a pretty popular topic when it comes to CPU these days. Thing is when you google it you have about 100 different websites telling you to do it 1 of 3 different ways.

For the people that know what i am talking about., Is this the correct way to disable core parking under the Power Options in Windows?

Processor performance core parking min cores 100%
Processor performance core parking max cores 0%

Some places say to use Registry Programs (Terrible idea, id never trust a program to do it).

Other places say to set both values to 100%. So whats the deal with this?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnthusiastG4m3r View Post

So this seems to be a pretty popular topic when it comes to CPU these days. Thing is when you google it you have about 100 different websites telling you to do it 1 of 3 different ways.

For the people that know what i am talking about., Is this the correct way to disable core parking under the Power Options in Windows?

Processor performance core parking min cores 100%
Processor performance core parking max cores 0%

Some places say to use Registry Programs (Terrible idea, id never trust a program to do it).

Other places say to set both values to 100%. So whats the deal with this?
I used this program to do it - http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility
No issues and it's been working fine for a while with me. From what ive read the only downside is alittle more power consumption which i dont care about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts