Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my new project. I plan on doing many cool things with this case I recently bought. This is my second Antec Three Hundred and that means it's time to mod! The things that I do will not just be the ordinary leds and green tinted windows. The case will maintain it's sleek and sexy look but with some added features and visual appeal.

My ideas are as listed below.

• Cut out Fan Grilles
  • Sound Dampening
  • Replace PCI Slot screws with Thumb Screws
  • Paint inside black
  • Case Feet
  • Replace pop rivets with thumb screws
  • Get some fans
  • Dual 140mm top fans with mesh grille top
  • hole in bottom of case for PSU
  • Cable management holes
  • Remove hard drive bays
  • Large clear side window
Key:
I didn't start this yet.
I'm working on this.
Finished!

At the same time I do the above modifications, I will be trying to make this case 100% tool-less as well. This will not be an easy task and I will face many difficulties but I ave confidence that I will get it done!

[Updates and Pictures Will Be Posted Here!]

Let the Mods Begin!

11/26: Simple PCI Slot Mod!

I finished putting in the thumbscrews for the PCI Slots. It took about two minutes. Eventually, after the interior is black, all the screws will be black also.

-------------------------

11/27 Rivet Removal!

I removed a bunch of the rivets with my drill. I got the top panel apart from the rest of the panels. I have pictures but I will upload them and get organized when I get a little farther. I also removed the fan grilles. Now I just need to get U Channel for those fan holes.

This is the top panel removed!

11/28: Bye Hard Drive Bays!

I removed the Hard drive Bays.

11/29: Meh. Just some Progress.

I just fixed up the fan grilles a little bit to get ready for the U Channel.

11/29 Later in the day: I also decided I will use the Lian Li EX-23NB for my hard drive.
http://www.xoxide.com/lianli-ex23nb-...ule-black.html

11/30: Last night I ordered 12 ft of U-channel and the Beefy Rubber case feet from mnpctech.com

First Order Arrives!

12/3: UPS guy came!

I received the case feet...

...And the U-Channel!

More Mods Done!

Here are some pictures of the case feet installed.
Note: I installed them over the stock Antec 300 feet!

That's showing the feet from the bottom of the case.

They are pretty big feet. They are still quite high above the carpet.

That's how it looks on my glass desk.

That is the full case showing off it's new feet!

12/13
More Tools Arrive!

The tools I ordered all came in time before the weekend! I spent a lot of time using them over the last couple days!

I have received some new drill bits. My other ones aren't very good.

Here is a picture of the bit case opened!

Here is the Nibbler! I absolutely love this tool. It takes a while but it produces a nice cut!

And here are my files. They are made by Grizzly. I also really like these. They have a nice comfortable handle too

I have cut out my window hole!!!

I cut that whole window with my nibbler! In the picture, there is U-channel around the edges. It came out pretty nice, right? The only thing I have to do on the window now is to actually get the plexi-glass for it.

Here is another picture of it!

12/30: I got a Rotary Tool!

Here is my Black & Decker RTX-6!

I also got some Dremel accessories for it!

1/2: Cut a Cable Management Hole!

Haha, that's what happens when you slide your case around the garage floor. Looks like I have to paint now

And that's the hole! It's not perfect but it works

Paint Markers Arrive!

1/10: I received my 12 red Paint Markers! I'm still on my first one too

Here is the box of all 12 of them!

Here is an outside view of the PCI Slot covers "painted". They look really nice but with the screws and all, they do scratch pretty easy. As long as you are careful though, they work perfectly!

Here is an inside view. The only place they end to get scratched much in the inside is under the thumbscrew head, obviously. Again, they look nice enough but not like a brand new car!

·
PC Evangelist
48,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Core300 View Post
Hello,
I have plans for my Antec Three hundred. I will work on them as much as I can while on a somewhat low budget. My ideas are listed below.

-Cut out Fan Grilles Started
-Get sound dampening foam
-Replace PCI Slot screws with Thumb Screws Done
-Paint inside black
-Get mnpctech beefy rubber feet
-Replace pop rivets with thumb screws
-Get fancy fans
-Cut a hole for another top fan
-hole in bottom of case for PSU
-Cable management holes
...And more ideas in my head!

[Updates and Pictures Will Be Posted Here!]

11/26: I finished putting in the thumbscrews for the PCI Slots. It took about two minutes. Eventually, after the interior is black, all the screws will be black also.
Flip the HDDs.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasa123 View Post
Sounds like it's going to be a great case when all the mods are done. Good luck!
Thanks. I'll upload the pics of the grilles and thumbscrews onto my PC. I mean, at least I started, it's my first mod ever.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmasherBasher View Post
So a drunk guy stumbles into a worklog that no work has been done. He says Hey whats this? I dont see any mods???

Hey I have one of those, so far the only pic's are my Sketchup designs

OP. your 300 must be riv. 1, I have 2 Antec 300's and both came with a 140mm top fan, 120mm rear fan, a spot to mount a 120mm fan in the side
cover and a spot for 2 more 120mm fans in the front, even with out mounting any fans in the front the E8400's never go over 40 c. with Sundeam DC coolers with a 120mm fan.

Theses are very good case's that do not cost a lot

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Your exhaust fan is now backwards.... Are these the finished pics? Or do you have some more trimming/finishing of the grills to do? It looks like they were just hastily hacked out. I would invest in a Dremel and do it right if you are going to do this at all. Not trying to be a jerk, just offering some constructive criticism.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by stanglx302 View Post
Your exhaust fan is now backwards.... Are these the finished pics? Or do you have some more trimming/finishing of the grills to do? It looks like they were just hastily hacked out. I would invest in a Dremel and do it right if you are going to do this at all. Not trying to be a jerk, just offering some constructive criticism.
Hell no. The Grilles are NOT done

Those were just some rough cuts. I'm going to cut more off of them and then put U Channel on them.

Also, I got some more done. It's just annoying to get pics and things up. I removed the 3.5" bays. I also unriveted the top panel.

I also realized that replacing the rivets with thumbscrews isn't possible in most places.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasa123 View Post
I'm interested to see how your psu fan hole comes out. I just got a new psu and now I have to do the mod. Oh well...
I didn't get a hole saw yet. So I might not do that for a while yet. I'll get it done eventually though

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE:
I had the case feet installed within an hour of when I received them

I'll get pictures and things up shortly

Also, please tell me what you think. I haven't been getting any comments in this thread

Oh, and Thanks Bill... The products are nice and the smiley face made me happy!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.