Overclock.net banner

Corruption...

894 10
I have two questions:

How do you know if your hard drive is corrupted?

and

How can you tell what is corrupting your hard drive?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it seems mostly fine now. But a couple weeks ago I was having MAJOR problems with it, but a combination of reformatting, moving RAM to different slots, using a new SATA cable, and doing chkdsk seemed to fix it. But I still get a long Windows loading screen once every week or two, and before that was the first symptom of my hard drive corruption. So, whenever I get a long loading screen I always run chkdsk and that seems to fix it for a week or two.

But my issue is, I'm selling my mobo and CPU to a friend and using them in a build for him. And I really don't want it to start getting messed up once he buys it.

Also, I just restarted and enabled the HDD SMART monitoring, but what exactly is it?

· Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump...I ran chkdsk yesterday and I had a 5 minute boot up today which is not right.

So how do I know if my hard drive is just bad, or if my motherboard is corrupting my hard drive, or my RAM is corrupting my hard drive, or if there is just a bad slot on my motherboard, or my PCI bus is/was too high?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.