Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my parts for my sig rig just arrived, i would just like to make sure that everything is correctly connected.

- There are 2 EPS 12V connectors on this board, do i need to connect BOTH of them in addition to the 24 pin?

- Also, i'm damn scared of blowing my board so according to my sig rig, I should have the following connections?

1. 24 Pin Connection
2. 12V EPS ( x 2??)
3. Fans(Mine are all 3 pins but the board has 4 pin connectors, but thats ok) Also, some of my fans have 4 pin molex connectors:Where do these go? Into the PSU?
4. PCI-e: 8-pin + 6-pin (GTX480).
5. CPU-Fans + Pump(H70)
6. SATA power cables for Optical Drive + HDDs

That's it right?

Thanks in advance, this is my first rig with so many connections so i'm a bit cautious.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
You can have a single EPS, it's only needed to have both if your overclocks are comming up short or something.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WTHbot View Post
You can have a single EPS, it's only needed to have both if your overclocks are comming up short or something.
Ye what he ^ said. Only use the second connection only if you plan on doing some massive OC on the cpu. For the fans, you have two options, connect the molex end directly to your PSU or get a molex to 4 pin (or 3pin) converter and plug them on the board.

Example:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...roducts_id=608

1 - 3 of 3 Posts