Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own Zalman H1, which is great for it's space and quietness but not exactly doing a good job when it comes to dealing with OC'd 980Ti/4790K in the summer. The only intake fan is 200mm/20mm 700rpm and the exhaust ones are just 120mm 1200rpm fans, which like I said is fantastic when I'm not playing. However, when the case is close, which I prefer, the heat build up after 10-15 minutes makes my components 10-15 degrees higher than with an open case. I really wouldn't like to replace all the fans, since the case can't take 25/30mm 200mm fans or 2x140mm as front intake and replacing the silent 120mm exhaust fans with higher rpm ones causes it to vibrate.
I was almost set on the 540, but I l saw Mastercase 5 Pro in some ad and I think it might even be better. Whaddya think ? Any other suggestions are welcome, the case should handle 980Ti SLI as well, since this is what I'm gonna do if Pascal does not bring significant performance increase compared to an OC'd 980Ti.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I own the corsair 540. I'm very happy with it, it keeps my everything cool. I have everything aircooled.

I have 2 140mm fans in the front, 1 140mm in the rear (keep in mind, if you fit in another brand than corsair fan, then you can't use the upper thumb screw, to close the side panel)

I like the dual compartments, it makes the case wide, but to so high.

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
There is the NZXT S340 which I own and Fractal Define S.

Both of these cases has direct airflow, with no restriction from HDD cages.

·
Banned
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
s340 looks nice but the exhaust system is way too limited, and front fans do not have such good source of fresh air as in Mastercase.

·
Banned
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah IMO CM is the greatest when it comes to case designs. I was also considering Antec 1200, is that a good case?

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
S340 has enough air coming from intake. More than enough 2x 140mm. Exhaust is plenty.
I own the case and everything is well cooled.

To get good intake from Mastercase Pro 5 you will need to remove all the top HDD cages.
If you feel S340 dont have enough cooling, get the Fractal Define S.

·
Banned
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
only 1x120mm rear exhaust, that's the same as my H1 only I can upgrade to 140mm. If you knew how much heat a 980Ti after oc can dump you'd know that's not good enough. I know s340 has 2x140mm option for intake, but I was referring to the fact that the intake is somewhat suffocating cause you have a hard front panel, Mastercase has mesh which hardly obstructs any inflow of air.
Yeah, the HDD cage is a bit of an obstruction, but there's a separate chamber for HDDs and SSDs too.

This has to be a case for years, with the ability to keep multi GPU config cool, so $ is no worry, I can splurge. Well, I won't buy Cosmos 2 but $200 is fine just as long as it's worth it.

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
It looks like you made your decision on which you want to pick.

I had 980TI is a S340. A single 120mm in rear is plenty, as the cooling from the front helps reduce heat.
There is no suffocation or little restriction from front panel, as there is well over 1 inches gap from top to bottom.

Mastercase I am not a fan of the mess grill, even worse is the small 5.25 ones. Unless you get the solid panel cover.
Also the lower fan is blocked and only half is even going towards the case.

I prefer the look and layout of the Define S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts