Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o8s6bt.jpg

Here's my Corsair 600T build with two hard drives (one sitting partly on the wires on the bottom of my case, and one in the disk drive bay) a GTX 460 and another one for SLI soon, and plenty of space in the back for more cables.

Is there anything wrong here, like the HDD being partly on the bottom even though its not flat but angled?

Anything I can improve here?

Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Looks alright but I'm sure you could do a much better job at cable management.

Edit: I'd also flip the PSU upside down. The 600t has a fan filter on the bottom for the PSU and it will get the wires closer to back panel.

·
Registered
972 Posts
keep 1 of the hard drive cages in, it will look much cleaner for the hard drives.
i might have a picture of m 600t rig, it has 2 hard drives, and a non modular psu.
i can take a picture in a few minutes.

edit, i will probably be able to give you a better shot tomorrow, its the middle of the night here hehe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Kyle Flip the PSU over? It probably wouldn't fit and the fan would be blowing straight to the bottom of the case with no space, then.

@AoH You're right it looks cleaner, but I'm less of a neat freak and more of the kind that likes to have a lot of clean empty space. I really like your cable management, any pointers on how to get mine like that? And what is with your processor heatsinks? Lol do you have like 5? that's epic.

@Flighter Pilot anywhere specifically? If you mean those back wires, I'm not sure i want to just yet in case i move anything around.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that's perfect.. I was thinking about getting the H100 as well, is it worth it removing the top fan to place the radiator there? Did you mount the fans on the top of the case? Any pics?

Thanks! I'll be trying to imitate your cable management now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
first off you don't need a 5.25" drive bay made for your hdd's, the hdd cage fits inside the 5.25" bay perfectly even if you have 1 optical drive in there, if more then yes you can't use it. the 5.25in bay is a wasteful expense if you ask me when the cage for you hdd is sitting there waiting to be used.

the h100 will fit if you mount the fans on top above the grill and mount the rad inside the case to the top grill. you won't be able to get a push pull unless you do some modding to the case or mount the h100 closer towards the side of case( windowed side) it is best to cut out the plastic support on the underside of the removeable top grill so you don't get any "whirring" noise from the fans.

the 600t case is a definate good case to wire manage if you have a bit of patience. i could take your case and eliminate all the cables with ease. the psu how should be switched around to go "upside down" there is a removable fan filter there that lets the psu breathe. turning it upside doesn't do any harm to it.

check out the corsair graphite club thread to see other builds.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just rewired and cleaned up my case. After, I read the last comment about how it's beneficial to flip the PSU.. now I'll have to redo it if I want that benefit. :/ How much does it help to flip the PSU?

Here's the new cable management:

prt38.jpg

5lw0vq.jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great job cleaning her up.

I am thoroughly amused that I just found this thread, seeing as how this is EXACTLY what I have planned for MY 600T tomorrow morning when I get off of work.
biggrin.gif

The only part that will still look less than pleasing aesthetically will be the Noctua NH-D14, but that should change when I get a few new fans for it.
tongue.gif

Again though, major improvement.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@unfriend Thanks! The finished product is rewarding; make sure you get all the dust for the full effect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts