Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for advice on replacing the top fans of a Corsair 600t case. The case is built to only fit 20mm thick 200mm fans. It looks like it can accommodate two105mm fans or a single 120mm fan of any thickness. I would like the replacement to be quiet. I think I can compromise on airflow.

I know the 600T is old but she's been a trooper.

Mine came with two 200mm fans, on in top and one at the front.

The case won't allow the normal 30mm thickness of 200mm fans. The OEM fans are 20mm thick. I believe that a 30mm fan can fit into the front with some work. However, the TOP fan only fits because there is a notch cut out of the motherboard tray to make room for it. The notch will not accommodate anything more than 20mm. I have read that some metal can be cut away in order to allow a thicker top fan, but I'm not able to do that right now.

The OEM top fan has developed noise. I would like to replace it with something particularly quiet.

I am not finding a lot of easy 200mm x 20mm options. Most of the posts I'm seeing are about 9 years old or older.

Those same posts reflect the state of 120mm fans and how quiet they could get back then, but perhaps the market has evolved.

Can anyone here offer advice on my replacement options?

Thank you!

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,894 Posts
It lists the top as having two 120mm fan mounts, and that is certainly what it looks like. But a pair of Arctic P12 and be done with it. They will be quiet, and move more air than the stock 200mm, and they are budget friendly. Given the setup of that case, it would be throwing money away spending more as you would not get any appreciable improvement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I made a mistake, I mixed up the measurement between screw holes and fan size.
Edit: I apologize for giving the wrong info.

·
Registered
3 AMD PC Dual Boot Win 7/10. Asrock HTPC, MSi Workstation and MSi Gaming/Social Media PC. MSi GPUs
42 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for advice on replacing the top fans of a Corsair 600t case. ... fans or a single 120mm fan of any thickness. I would like the replacement to be quiet. I think I can compromise on airflow.
Those same posts reflect the state of 120mm fans and how quiet they could get back then, but perhaps the market has evolved.
Can anyone here offer advice on my replacement options?

Did someone say quiet? The CORSAIR AF120 is rifle bearing but seems to hold up well and the AF stands for air flow. They also come in 3 packs for economy. I have blue LED's.

·
Premium Member
27,883 Posts
As ciarlatano said, Arctic P12 are hard to beat. Arctic P12 are rated 56.3cfm or 2.2mm H2O @ 1800rpm and cost £3.98 each including 20% tax. Corsair AF120 LED are rated 53cfm or 1.4mm H2O @ 1400rpm and cost £9.98 each including tax. Adding £2 to price of a single AF120 LED equals the price of three Arctic P12 fans

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,894 Posts
As ciarlatano said, Arctic P12 are hard to beat. Arctic P12 are rated 56.3cfm or 2.2mm H2O @ 1800rpm and cost £3.98 each including 20% tax. Corsair AF120 LED are rated 53cfm or 1.4mm H2O @ 1400rpm and cost £9.98 each including tax. Adding £2 to price of a single AF120 LED equals the price of three Arctic P12 fans
I had to do a double take that someone even mentioned AF 120s. With that double grill setup on the top of the 600T, I'm not sure they would be able to move any air out of the case. Truly one of the worst fans ever made for an application that is not completely open air.

·
Premium Member
27,883 Posts
I had to do a double take that someone even mentioned AF 120s. With that double grill setup on the top of the 600T, I'm not sure they would be able to move any air out of the case. Truly one of the worst fans ever made for an application that is not completely open air.
In other words worst fan for all applications we normally use our fans in. About only application they might be functional for is blowing air over desk in hot weather, but still not do as good a job as many other fans.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,894 Posts
In other words worst fan for all applications we normally use our fans in. About only application they might be functional for is blowing air over desk in hot weather, but still not do as good a job as many other fans.
Well....they do provide enough light to read by....so, there is that...... ;)

·
Premium Member
27,883 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice again, I have no reference point for how much better fans have gotten in the last decade :)
Amazon shipped it to me in 12 hours, now it's waiting for me to find time to install it.

I only have 2 pins coming from the fan hub, that'll be fine right?

·
Premium Member
27,883 Posts
Thanks for the advice again, I have no reference point for how much better fans have gotten in the last decade :)
Amazon shipped it to me in 12 hours, now it's waiting for me to find time to install it.

I only have 2 pins coming from the fan hub, that'll be fine right?
If you mean 2 fan headers from fan hub you should be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts