Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if fellow froum users with a Corsair 650D can show me there cable management for there case as mine is a complete mess at the back and i dunno how to go about getting it tidy looking. I know most wont care bout the rear side but i dread having to open it up as its a nightmare getting it closed again.

[/URL]

[/URL]

·
Registered
681 Posts
hmm. as long as it looks pretty from the window i could care less how my back panel is. i can hardly close mine either
biggrin.gif
... just pull the cables tight and profit.

you can see how mine looks from the window here

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighteam;12988427
hmm. as long as it looks pretty from the window i could care less how my back panel is. i can hardly close mine either
biggrin.gif
... just pull the cables tight and profit.

you can see how mine looks from the window here
Better hope your side panel doesn't start denting in the future.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have the exact same problem, my side panel won't even fit on, and I've wasted all of the cable ties, so I'll probably need to get some more, the cable management system in the case is actually pretty good, but all of the cables you need to use for a higher end system, with 2 hard drives etc... is a bit ridiculous.

I feel like the cables they put into the case to control the USB3's and front I/O's are huge and have no logical path around the side panel behind the motherboard, the locations of the cable tie holes don't make sense!

Maybe it's just me being a failure haha!

I'll just have to have another go.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxborough;13163384
I have the exact same problem, my side panel won't even fit on, and I've wasted all of the cable ties, so I'll probably need to get some more, the cable management system in the case is actually pretty good, but all of the cables you need to use for a higher end system, with 2 hard drives etc... is a bit ridiculous.

I feel like the cables they put into the case to control the USB3's and front I/O's are huge and have no logical path around the side panel behind the motherboard, the locations of the cable tie holes don't make sense!

Maybe it's just me being a failure haha!

I'll just have to have another go.
I totally know what you mean. As much as this case has good cable management features, those io cables for usb3 and hot swap bay are long and huge. I had hard time with the cable tie holdings as well and there really isn't many. I had to have a couple tries before I was half satisfied with the management results. I'm still not completely satisfied so I'll be trying to make it more organized soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey,
I just finished cabling my 650D (all new rig):
22630710150578984920398.jpg

By mofoo99 at 2011-05-04
and
22943910150578982580398.jpg

By mofoo99 at 2011-05-04

Some tips:
- i routed the usb3 cables through the other side of the case. There's a lip at the top that they happily sit in (with some electrical tape to hold em in place). They are completely invisible and only 4-5" stick out of back.
-I started tying down power first since they're the bulkiest. I then just used plastic twist ties (from all the hw I ordered) to secure everything else down.
-I sort of braided/twisted the front port cables together for neatness
-I also had problem of panel sticking out a bit and had to ensure cables were not overlapping and any connectors (e.g. molex) were flat.

Took me about 2 hours of patience and testing
smile.gif

But I think it's worth spending the time doing it nicely.
Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Faulkton I am jealous of ur all black cables. Nice!
What is in your 51/4" drive cage? Also what is that front intake fan?
Did you find a temp diff with the hd cage by ps?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I want all black cables
frown.gif
! I was tempted to get a really really good marker pen and black out some of the coloured cables! But I wasn't sure it was safe lol.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Quote:
Hey Faulkton, just curious, did you hook up your front panel audio with the HD Audio connector? I'm curious how you handled the cable management with that.

Unfortunately I cannot see any of your pictures on here, image sharing sites are blocked with my work's proxy. If you were to attach a picture directly to the post, though....
cool.gif

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.