Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A few months ago I bought the 800D case and so far its a great case. I'm using a custom watercooling with triple radiator on top. I've got a few questions though.

1- How do you manage your cables on this case ? I dont see any hooks/holes/thingy where you attach your zip-tie so I tied all my cables together but nothing holds them to the back of the motherboard tray.

2- Where can I put my 30cm UV cold cathode so that I have the glowing effect on my 3 top fans (I'm using 3 Gelid UV green fans) and my tubes ? and how many sticks do I need. I currently have 2 sticks but if needed I can buy more. I've seen some people use 4 sticks. (Also is there a way to get rid of the PCI bracket on the back ?)

3- I read somewhere that if I use my C300 SSD in the hotswappable bay, it will be running on SATA II 3Gbps instead of SATA III 6Gbps. Is that true ?

(edit)4- Where/how do you mount a T-Virus res in a 800D ? Does it need screw ? (also is it a good res ? )

That's about it for now
smile.gif
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
757 Posts
Quote:



Originally Posted by Jomboh
View Post

Hi,

A few months ago I bought the 800D case and so far its a great case. I'm using a custom watercooling with triple radiator on top. I've got a few questions though.

1- How do you manage your cables on this case ? I dont see any hooks/holes/thingy where you attach your zip-tie so I tied all my cables together but nothing holds them to the back of the motherboard tray.

2- Where can I put my 30cm UV cold cathode so that I have the glowing effect on my 3 top fans (I'm using 3 Gelid UV green fans) and my tubes ? and how many sticks do I need. I currently have 2 sticks but if needed I can buy more. I've seen some people use 4 sticks. (Also is there a way to get rid of the PCI bracket on the back ?)

3- I read somewhere that if I use my C300 SSD in the hotswappable bay, it will be running on SATA II 3Gbps instead of SATA III 6Gbps. Is that true ?

That's about it for now
Thanks

For question 1: Get some of

these these
and use them to zip tie to.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,430 Posts
1- you can use those anchors that forsaken told you about, or adjustable clamps
Anchors
Adjustable clamp

2- well I've seen people putting them on the door one vertical one horizontal, check out the corsair obsidian thread. Check my sig for link.

3- no you will not see 6gbps, the hdd plane is only sata3 comp not sata6. Corsair is working on sata6 header that you will be able to buy. But what you could do is remove the header (4screws) and just attach the sata cable to the drive and a sata6 connection.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,952 Posts
For Question 1, get some of these bad boys:
http://en.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-cable-assemblies.htm

For question 2, you can mount your cold cathode up top, theres enough room between your RAD and the side of the case to do this.

For question 3, yes. The onboard SATA in the hotswaps is only SATA II and is NOT SATA III.

Furthermore, you can check my pics below of my build log showing how those cable clamps work out. Granted, those aren't finished pics, but it give you a good idea.

http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-wo...l#post10981738
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,430 Posts

·
RGB Numba Wan!
Joined
·
23,324 Posts
I traded my old case for my corsair, I didn't get those cable anchors too. I tried the sticky anchors (used in my old build) but they are not sticky enough and easily give. I need to contact corsair to find out where to get them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,848 Posts
It came with cable anchors?!?!

Those not-sticky-enough ones...well, 3M industrial double sided tape is a beautiful thing.

smile.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad;11988376
I traded my old case for my corsair, I didn't get those cable anchors too. I tried the sticky anchors (used in my old build) but they are not sticky enough and easily give. I need to contact corsair to find out where to get them.
There ARE no cable-anchors included with the 800D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomboh;11976515
Hi,

A few months ago I bought the 800D case and so far its a great case. I'm using a custom watercooling with triple radiator on top. I've got a few questions though.

1- How do you manage your cables on this case ? I dont see any hooks/holes/thingy where you attach your zip-tie so I tied all my cables together but nothing holds them to the back of the motherboard tray.

2- Where can I put my 30cm UV cold cathode so that I have the glowing effect on my 3 top fans (I'm using 3 Gelid UV green fans) and my tubes ? and how many sticks do I need. I currently have 2 sticks but if needed I can buy more. I've seen some people use 4 sticks. (Also is there a way to get rid of the PCI bracket on the back ?)

3- I read somewhere that if I use my C300 SSD in the hotswappable bay, it will be running on SATA II 3Gbps instead of SATA III 6Gbps. Is that true ?

That's about it for now
smile.gif
Thanks
Sounds like you have a VERY similar set up to me! I'll click some pics when I get home tonight and post them for you of my cables. I also have some "glowsticks" installed, tons of fans, etc. and managed to deal with the cables in an acceptable fashion.

As for the C300, yes, hot swappable bays are 3GB/s per Corsair, but my mobo is too. Still chose to mount it below...

Pics to come!!!!
 

·
RGB Numba Wan!
Joined
·
23,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine;11988654
There ARE no cable-anchors included with the 800D.
confused.gif
, I thought those holes were for the anchors on the mb tray, might have been mistaken for another case.

I remember my old HAF 932 had anchors stamped into the mb tray, something like that would be nice Corsair.

edit: I'll try the sticky anchors/mounts again, I need something to hold all the wires I have
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think once you close the back panel its not gonna be a problem.

Ive got another question. Im currently using a MCP350 with a EK custom top/reservoir thats too big to fit under the separation board (dunno what thats called) so i decided to get a xspc top for the pump and a T-virus reservoir. my question is : how do i mount the t-virus res? will i need screws ? also does it come with barbs already ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,952 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by wermad
View Post

, I thought those holes were for the anchors on the mb tray, might have been mistaken for another case.

I remember my old HAF 932 had anchors stamped into the mb tray, something like that would be nice Corsair.

edit: I'll try the sticky anchors/mounts again, I need something to hold all the wires I have


Nope. Tis why I went and bought MDPC's cable clamps. There's adequate holes for screws to go in the mobo tray.
 

·
RGB Numba Wan!
Joined
·
23,324 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by XNine
View Post

Nope. Tis why I went and bought MDPC's cable clamps. There's adequate holes for screws to go in the mobo tray.

meh, I need to use screws for those, same as the cheap plastic clips and im not going to dump a boat load on money on mdpc stuff when alternatives are cheaper and readily available in the US.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad;11992080
meh, I need to use screws for those, same as the cheap plastic clips and im not going to dump a boat load on money on mdpc stuff when alternatives are cheaper and readily available in the US.
Meh, suit yourself. They don't cost much at all, and if you're buying sleeving why not buy some clamps too?

*hugs his clamps*

Would you like to touch them?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top