Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have question that maybe one of the awesome forum members here can answer. Why am I asking about an older, out-of-production case? Because I came about one for $10, with a Sandy Bridge-era hardware setup inside. I do like the case and it's an upgrade over my old Antec 900 (which will be going to my wife). I was able to find a SATA shroud and the motherboard tray cover still available from Corsair online, so all I'm lacking is lower drive bay rails.

That brings me to my question, which is not asking where to find rails specific to the 800D. Instead, will the 750D HDD rails/tray work with the lower drive bay on the 800D? It looks similar, but with a piece connecting the rails, which won't matter as long as the rails fit. If not, are there any other Corsair models (with parts still available) that have rails/tray that will work with the 800D?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Josh View Post

I have question that maybe one of the awesome forum members here can answer. Why am I asking about an older, out-of-production case? Because I came about one for $10, with a Sandy Bridge-era hardware setup inside. I do like the case and it's an upgrade over my old Antec 900 (which will be going to my wife). I was able to find a SATA shroud and the motherboard tray cover still available from Corsair online, so all I'm lacking is lower drive bay rails.

That brings me to my question, which is not asking where to find rails specific to the 800D. Instead, will the 750D HDD rails/tray work with the lower drive bay on the 800D? It looks similar, but with a piece connecting the rails, which won't matter as long as the rails fit. If not, are there any other Corsair models (with parts still available) that have rails/tray that will work with the 800D?
I spoke to a Corsair customer service rep about compatibility and he wasn't sure, but recommended I request a single tray through a support ticket. So I did that and they sent one (this). I can confirm that it isn't compatible, so I guess I'm out of luck on that. I'll likely just fabricate something of my own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts