Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done by me.

I have an idea fore a new layout of the Corsair 900D which I think would be AWESOME.

Basically, I took out the 5 - 5'25 bays because who really uses up all of those? 3 is enough - 1 for dvd/bluray and 2 more for a fan controller.

Rather then have the hotswap bays or silly dual fan space, the front will be able to house 3 120mm fans and also provide spacing for a triple 120 radiator for watercooling - what the 800D was all about.

Then I got rid of the little door that housed the usb ports/audio and such and added as seen - 1 power button(led), a HDD led, 4 usb 3.0 ports, audio/microphone jacks, and the reset switch.

The entire front of the case will once again be removable just like it's predecessor and have a beautiful black finish(although not colored black in image).

ENJOY
thumb.gif

MORE TO COME.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front would have the same black meshy designs. I simply outlined where the radiator/fans would be behind the mesh. It would look slightly more similar to the front of a 650d or 500r.

It is big in size, but it's simply an idea. I wanted to make something with more watercooling capability then any previous corsair case.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
923 Posts
Not liking it at all

Perfect for me would be:
-Native support for a 480 up top
-Native support for a 360 at the bottom
-Slightly wider so it can run 2x ax1200's sideways with the fans not facing each other with a cut out for the air.
-Slightly taller due to PSU's so this would add another 5.25" bay possibly 2
-9-10 Slots.

I would go crazy having less bays.

Edit: and you can't really put a copyright logo on that design lolol

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Why not make the PSU sideways, then you can have 480 + 360/240 in bottem, like TJ11.
Then 360 on top!
Then a smaller window only showing the MB and such.

In other words, just make a cheaper TJ11 without 90 degree turned MB so you can fit rad on top.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
inb4applecopryrightedrectangularcomputers

I think 2 360 radiator spots would be enough, also no hotswap support? One flaw with the 800D is the lack of incoming air, that is not addressed in your drawing from what I see of it. Not a bad start though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts