Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the Hyper 212+ right now and was wondering if going to the corsair a70 would see any decrease in temps. The reason I was considering is because there is a $20 rebate that makes the a70 around $22 bucks and I couldn't really find a comparison here so anyone have any input on this?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I tried one when I upgraded to my i7 and temps went up. I reseated it several times just to be sure and went back to my 212+. not worth it IMO.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
From what I have read, the 212+ is between the A50 and A70.
I would save a bit longer to get a better cooler since you will see minimal (if any) temp differences if you get the A70.
A 212 with push/pull configuration would be a cheaper upgrade.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I would get a 212+ then save up for a better cooler like an antec h20. You may be surprised at how impressive a 212 is, My 212 maxes out my PhII 955's voltage before the heat becomes a problem. You may find (like I did) that the 212+ is enough for a very respectable OC

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesethunda
View Post

i have a 212+ in the push pull with 2 blademasters lol i guess il stick with it until i decide on better cooling

LOL, yea, then stick with what you have, you will see no improvement with the A70 (except a lighter wallet).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by (mirror)52-D.S.L.
View Post

I would get a 212+ then save up for a better cooler like an antec h20. You may be surprised at how impressive a 212 is, My 212 maxes out my PhII 955's voltage before the heat becomes a problem. You may find (like I did) that the 212+ is enough for a very respectable OC

The AIO liquid cooling system for me are really ****ty... I had a h50 and can get a 1055t to 3.9ghz... with a a70 (-$20) i could reach 4.1ghz on the same chip

I'm going to change my 212+ for a nh-d14 hope to see a major diference lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts