Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this ram a little while ago & am feeling cheated. It works fine once I set the timings in bios, but I paid more money for the convenience of not having to do just that. Feeling like I should've just bought the Intel XMP version that was $50 less at the time that had the same voltage & timings.

I wrote a review on Newegg to share my frustration & experience with it & this was Corsair's response.

Manufacturer Response:We are sorry that AMD is not able to support BEMP at this time. We have done what we are required to do and provided them the profile information.

Also, keep in mind that your kit is the "B" version of the 1600C8 which is in fact tuned for better operation on the AMD platform. It is very likely that you would not be able to get the same level of performance from the "A" version. So, regardless of the lack of BEMP support from AMD, you did buy the correct version of memory.

Is this a legitimate claim? I would figure that if the primary timings & voltage were the same that it would be likely that the architecture would be the same. What do they "tune" differently. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around it at this point. Thanks in advance for any help. -Chizel

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was looking to buy a second pair of these sticks, I got the exact same pair back in September for $139.99 (checked my invoice) Now they are $177.99! I have no idea why the prices would go up over time. Doesn't make any sense.

If I get a 2nd pair, I think I'm going to get the i7 XMP versions for my 790FX-GD70, as the serials are nearly identical.

CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 - AMD BEMP
CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 - i7 XMP

Corsair Dominator (1600) 8-8-8-24

The i7 XMP set is $40 cheaper then the AMD BEMP variant.

Seems like a marketing gimmick to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts