Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, first post on here and first time SSD owner, got a question about my results from my first benchmark on it using AS SSD. im running the thing on sata 2.0 and im confused about wether my write speed is a bit low? what do you guys think?

·
Registered
45 Posts
]First, welcome to Overclock and the world of SSDs.

I got 265/138 Seq Read/Write (x64 incompressible) with a 120GB and using CrystalDiskMark on a SATA II when it was new. That 77MB comes closer to the 78 write I saw on a LS 60GB tested with a SATA III when it was new. I won't guarantee that I has the best driver installed during that 60GB test.

Have you loaded up Corsair SSD Toolbox to check that the latest firmware is installed? AS SSD on my 60GB shows 2.6 (for S9FM02.6) not the S9FM you have but it may be some sort of weird display bug. FYI, Corsair played games with using two different controllers on the LS but it looks like we both got the S9.

EDIT: I later got 510/439 seq <0Fill> with Crystal and that 60GB so the drivers or the tests was jacked up. Attached shot of 120GB tested on an old SATA 2.0 laptop.

CORSAIRLS120GBE64008.12-21-15.PNG 38k .PNG file

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootcha View Post

]First, welcome to Overclock and the world of SSDs.

I got 265/138 Seq Read/Write (x64 incompressible) with a 120GB and using CrystalDiskMark on a SATA II when it was new. That 77MB comes closer to the 78 write I saw on a LS 60GB tested with a SATA III when it was new. I won't guarantee that I has the best driver installed during that 60GB test.

Have you loaded up Corsair SSD Toolbox to check that the latest firmware is installed? AS SSD on my 60GB shows 2.6 (for S9FM02.6) not the S9FM you have but it may be some sort of weird display bug. FYI, Corsair played games with using two different controllers on the LS but it looks like we both got the S9.

EDIT: I later got 510/439 seq <0Fill> with Crystal and that 60GB so the drivers or the tests was jacked up. Attached shot of 120GB tested on an old SATA 2.0 laptop.

CORSAIRLS120GBE64008.12-21-15.PNG 38k .PNG file
thanks! ya when i run corsair toolbox it says i have the latest firmware installed... im extremely happy with the performance of the drive so far and to be honest i knew that buying a 40$ SSD was probably only going to get me sub par numbers, i understand that you got to pay to play with the big dogs but this is a budget build computer. i essentially pieced it together on craigslist and ebay.. this drive and the case were just about the only new parts in the build. it blows my old HDD out of the water... i just want to make sure i have it set up correctly. im a stickler about drivers, settings, ect... i just want it to perform to the ability that its supposed to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts