141 - 160 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazzaq2004
View Post

I'll be getting my H100 tomorrow, and from the reviews of the H80 most sites have found improved temperatures if you set it up to intake air rather than exhaust.

I know this means that warm air will be dumped into the case, but it was an interesting find. Might be a lot of work to test intake/exhaust but if I have enough time tomorrow I'll give it a try.

That's interesting. My drive bay is completely empty except for that I have 2 140mm fan's stacked ontop of each other taking air from outside the case and blowing it directly onto my H100's intake fan's. I can't wait to put these TT A2018's in Push/Pull tomorrow!! WOOTT!!!

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matas
View Post

Can anyone confirm that mixed fans work w/o a prob connected into H100 CPU block?

Preference is for same fans but if you must mix them, then, use the stronger fan (RPM & CFM) as push and the weaker fan as pull.

There shouldn't be any problems though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dade_kash_xD
View Post

That's interesting. My drive bay is completely empty except for that I have 2 140mm fan's stacked ontop of each other taking air from outside the case and blowing it directly onto my H100's intake fan's. I can't wait to put these TT A2018's in Push/Pull tomorrow!! WOOTT!!!

LOL Once I replace my H50 with the H100, my bay will be empty too. Ill be attempting a top mount intake config on my CM 690. So Ill place a 120mm intake fan in the empty bay.

Ive got a UK 2000 38mm fan being used on the rear port for exhaust, so that should be fine

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbalt89
View Post

Those fan specs were falsified. They later retracted the 90CFM rating and knocked it back to 69CFM.

But there is no way in hell that they are 19DBA, I will tell you that much.

They're much louder than my 28DBA AP-15s.

I recorded this in HD. Really?? You call that loud?? The noise includes sound from my graphics card fan and power supply fan. Is that loud to you??

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbalt89
View Post

Those fan specs were falsified. They later retracted the 90CFM rating and knocked it back to 69CFM.

But there is no way in hell that they are 19DBA, I will tell you that much.

They're much louder than my 28DBA AP-15s.

CM coped a spanking over that.

Be aware that there are two (2) CM R4s. One is rated at 90 cfm (R4-L2R-20CK-GP), and the other is 69cfm (Sickleflow R4-L2R-20AC-GP).

Just check the serial numbers before purchase.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethy666
View Post

CM coped a spanking over that.

Be aware that there are two (2) CM R4s. One is rated at 90 cfm (R4-L2R-20CK-GP), and the other is 69cfm (Sickleflow R4-L2R-20AC-GP).

Just check the serial numbers before purchase.

If you take both of them and compare side by side, you'll find that they're exactly the same. They turn at the same speed and the same exact blade design. Everything is the same, so the airflow, static pressure and noise level should be exactly the same.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I want to get this cooler with the Antec 1200 V3 case.. Think it would fit in that case?

Edit:
Did some searching and found out that it doesn't fit properly :S

·
Registered
32 Posts
Finally found a place with the H100. Probably overpaid ($155) but waiting a week or so to save $30 seems dumb. It will be here on Thursday so I'll have all my benchmarks posted. Hope it doesn't suck. From what I have seen, there shouldn't be a problem with the CM 690 II Advanced.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel108
View Post

Finally found a place with the H100. Probably overpaid ($155) but waiting a week or so to save $30 seems dumb. It will be here on Thursday so I'll have all my benchmarks posted. Hope it doesn't suck.

That's not too much more than I paid only difference is, is that was the cheapest option for me since shipping to Hawaii SUCKS!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
TO ANYONE WITH A CORSAIR H100:

Post your results here and I will add it to the first page's OP. Please include a few shots of CoreTemp or Real Temp, Prime95 (small FFT's) and a CPU-Z screenie. Also don't forget to mention your H100 configuration: Push, Push/Pull, Pull, Top Mount Inside, Top Mount Outisde, etc. Show off your rig with your H100 installed and I'll create a compilation that I'll add to the results on the OP!

I'd like to compile as much data as possible in the OP to assist anyone who ever has any questions about the H100 and it's performance. Who knows, I might go all out and make some fancy bar charts with everyones data as well!

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongwarren;14443752
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrqr_Mi-VWU
I recorded this in HD. Really?? You call that loud?? The noise includes sound from my graphics card fan and power supply fan. Is that loud to you??
Compared to every other case fan I own, yes it was loud.

Unbearably so. Maybe I got a bad one. I won't be buying another one in the future though.

I've got 6 Gentle Typhoons, a Scythe S-Flex E, 2 Xigmatek CLF 140mm, and the 230mm CM fan and that overpowered every fan in my case to the point of returning it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
How many of you running a push pull config have used 4 PMW controlled 4 pin fans? And is it worth it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
i've just installed my new h100, top mount in a CM 960II Advanced case.
the rad is fitted with 4x 120mm noctua nf-p12 (push/pull) drawing air from outside the case.
cpu is a i5-2500k @ 4.5ghz and 1.336v vcore.
the case has 2x gtx 460's in sli.
the ambient temperature in my computer room is very high today, 29c, so keep that in mind.

load temps: 67c, 69c, 77c, 68c (loaded the cpu with intel burn test v2.51)

I can't wait to see how it performs in the cooler parts of the year..
smile.gif

I notice that I still have almost 10c difference from coldest to hottest core. this was also true when i used h50, and with the boxed cooled before that. I'm guessing this is normal? (on previous cpu's i've owned the difference has not been as large..)

Will post some screens tonight/tomorrow as i've got a wow-raid coming up shortly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangur;14449642
waiting!!!
drum.gif
I see hes using that Xigmatek XLF series fan. Lets hope its the F1255 with 4 pin. And not the 3 pins.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My H100 has just arrived.

I just finished cleaning out my case and am currently benching my Ven-X.
I'll get to you guys soon. Until then this will have to tide you guys over.

4Sfse.jpg

21MKN.jpg

TvPOj.jpg

Random Neighbourhood cat lent me a paw.

ZD4D7.jpg

THese were taken with my 3GS, hopefully by the time I set up the H100 my
real camera will have fully charged.

Ven X Results

i7 920 @ 4.2 Ghz HT on 1.384V <-- I don't need that much voltage just wanted to really stress the cooler

Not sure what my ambient is but it's pretty warm

IDLE Temps LOAD Temps

39/36/39/36 84/82/83/81 <- After about an Hour of Prime 95 on Blend

IDLE GTX 470 TEMPS

42/46

UPDATE 1 - H100 PUSH STOCK FANS AT LEVEL 3 INTAKE EXACT SAME SETTINGS AS THE VEN-X RUN

phMQD.jpg

IDLE TEMPS LOAD TEMPS

38/35/38/35 79/77/78/75

IDLE GTX 470 TEMPS

40/43

Some interesting results guys. So across the board we see about a 5 C drop in temps. But of course at the expense of really loud fans. Sound about as loud as my old GTX 295 @ 100% fan speed

Interesting note here is the decrease in idle video card temps even though the H100 is set to INTAKE air and thus dump warm air in the case.

UPDATE 2 - Corsair H100 Stock Fans Push Intake at Level 2

v5dRX.jpg

IDLE TEMPS LOAD TEMPS

40/37/40/37 85/82/84/81

IDLE GTX 470 TEMPS

40/43

This is a much nicer noise setting. Sounds about as loud as my Vex-X with GT AP-15s, and performs just like it too. I'd say this is pretty good considering the Ven-X is one of the best air coolers around. Not to mention that the H100 has more headroom with the option of attaching 2 PULL FANS.

I think I'll skip the LEVEL 1 setting as I figure temps will go up about another 5 degrees.

UPDATE 3 H100 P/P (Stock PUSH, GT AP-15s PULL) LEVEL 2

Y8u3F.jpg

ww4rs.jpg

IDLE TEMPS LOAD TEMPS

37/35/38/35 77/76/77/74

Hmm these temps look familiar...P/P LVL 2 = LVL 3 PUSH in idle, I'm looking at these LOAD TEMPS now and they are looking mighty fine. I could hardly believe my eyes. THIS IS an 8 C DROP ACROSS THE BOARD BY JUST ADDING PULL FANS These numbers are better than the PUSH STOCK LVL 3 SETTING

Sound Level is the same as before, no subjective difference from the PUSH LVL 2 setting. I love my GT AP-15s

UPDATE 4 - H100 P/P LVL 3

mNaJB.jpg

IDLE TEMPS LOAD TEMPS

38/35/39/35 76/74/77/73

Something interesting has happened. The H100 has a built in fan regulator that controls the speed of fans plugged into the block depending on temperature of the coolant. I only have the Stock fans plugged into this, while my GT AP-15s are plugged into molex converters.

It appears that the coolant isn't raising to a high enough temperature to casue the stock fans to go into max RPM. It seems that they are faster than max LVL 2 but not at MAX RPM. It sounds louder than before but not as loud as LVL 3 PUSH settings.

SOO it would appear that with my current settings the coolant isn't running hot enough. The temps I have posted are better than lvl 2, but not by much. AGAIN this is due to the stock fans not spinning to max. The only way I can fix this is if I plug the stock fans into their opwn headers instead of the block.

UPDATE 5 - H100 P/P LVL 2 4.4Ghz @ 1.464V

uz75W.jpg

IDLE TEMPS LOAD TEMPS

I recently saw a review of a person testing the XSPC RASA RS360 w/ P/P on a i7 950 4.5Ghz with 1.464V achieve temps of about 76 max.

SO i wanted to test out what the H100 could deal out at similiar settings. What I found was that at these settings I got about 12 degrees higher. And although I wasn't clocked as high the extra 0.02V add about the same heat as the other setting would.

UPDATE 6 - MAX SPEED VS. MIN SPEED P/P 4.2 Ghz 1.36V

MAX RPM On Corsair Stock Fans, AP-15s at MAX RPM

wGyNk.jpg

IDLE TEMPS LOAD TEMPS
38/35/39/35 75/73/75/71

MIN RPM on Corsair Stock Fans, AP-15s at MAX RPM

O24Cn.jpg

IDLE TEMPS LOAD TEMPS

This is probably the most interesting result. The difference in RPM between MIN and MAX setting is ~1400 RPM which equates to really loud to near whisper sounds. The best part is you can have this silent setting at the expense of only 3C.

I figure this all comes down to the AP-15s being really good in their pull config and that changing the speed on the corsair push fans only changes the temps 3C. All I know is that I'll now be keeping this cooler in the MIN setting.

Ok, so wrap up time I guess.

Performance:

Great performance. The H100 beat the Ven-X with stock settings at MAX, by around 5 C at max speed, however the fans were way too loud for me, at least when I'm not playing games, listening to music or watching a movie

When set to LVL 2 the H100 had similar acoustics to my Ven-X at about the same performance. Still great considering how good the Ven-X is.

P/P Setting, Wow good stuff here. At LVL 2 you get great performance at reasonable acoustics. At this setting it edges out the Ven-X by 8 C.

This will be my personal setting.

At LVL 3 performance is about the same as LVL 2, this is due to the H100 limiting fan speed depending on coolant temperatures. This setting gets about 1C lower than LVL 2, but at a noticeable, but not unreasonable acoustic lvl increase.

IMO it's better to stay at setting 2 in P/P for my setup

EDIT

After further reviewing I have discovered the LVL 1 setting in P/P to offer only marginally worse than the LVL 2 and 3 settings in P/P. The decreased noise in LVL 1 at the expense of only a couple of C is totally worth it IMO.

Ease of Install:

I'm going to say right now that this was not the easiest cooler to install. The only real hard part (Also really annoying) was attaching the fans to the rad to the case all at once. It became a balancing act and took a good while for me to finally figure out how to get it all attached.

Also, the instructions are great, after step 1. With step 1 just showing a basic install of the fans in PUSH EXHAUST config. doesn't show how to do it any other way...aside from that there is no writing just pictures. Simple enough...aside from step 1

Aesthetics

This cooler looks pretty bad ass. Also, doesn't occupy much room on the motherboard compared to air coolers. The rad at the top fits with plenty of room to spare in my HAF 932

Cost

I got this kit for 108 w/ TAX INCLUDED

Pretty good price, considering my old Ven-X set me back 59.99 at the time + 35 for the GT AP-15s. So the cost was about the same. If you have the money and aren't quite ready for a real Watercooling setup this is about as good as it gets.

However, to get the performance I am referring to I had to add my GT AP15s to keep the noise level acceptable as well as to reach the desired temps. So if we tack on the 35 to my 108, the total is 143 CAD. At this price you could get the XSPC RASA RS240 for about 20 bux more. I'm not sure how that performs but from what I've read it should result in temperatures ~ 10 C less than this. I know this kit is even cheaper in the US, so it'd probably be the exact same price to get this kit as the H100 w/ 2 extra premium fans.

This leaves the question if this H100 is really worth it. IMO since I already had the fans and I didn't want to deal with setting up a true water cooling system it is. But for those of you willing to go true water I'd recommend the XSPC RS240 over the H100

Lastly, the result I posted are worse case scenarios. My voltage is set higher than normal for a 4.2 Ghz o/c just to show you the power of these coolers. Also, it should be noted that Prime 95 is an extremely stressful CPU test, in real world situations in gaming you're not going to see your cpu loaded this much, so realistically you can shave 5 C off my temps for every day usage.

I might update the review if I find anything else I want to test it in our if you guys have any requests! PM me for more info.

*I had these fans set as intake, and the interesting result was that there was no noticeable affect on my GPU temperatures. This might be because I have very good airflow in my case.*

I hope you enjoyed my review!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
I am VERY disappointed :\. I added 2 ThermalTake A2018 120mm 93CFM fans in Push and 2 Stock Corsair H100 Fans in Pull and I am noticing NO CHANGE IN TEMPERATURES!!.

2 Xig XLF in Push alone performed the same if not a little better than 4 93CFM fans in Push/Pull. Anyone know why this might be? Shold I reapply TIM? I really can't believe it! All this work and all this fan noise for ZERO increase in performance?

141 - 160 of 627 Posts