Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my new build I decided to try out the corsair h100 CLC loop CPU cooler. A friend of mine has one on his sandy bridge set-up and he is able to do a really good over-clock in his 600D case.

Well I have heard a lot of mixed reviews with the h100 online but decided to try it anyways.

I bought the h100 and 4 cougar vortex fans for a push/pull configuration in my case, do you think this was a good choice? The next time I do a build I will most likely do a custom loop, but this time around I am very new to all this and I just want to take it 1 step at a time and learn the basics(This is my first real entire build from the ground up)

I am using a Cooler Master HAF X 942 case and currently my plan is to have the h100 mounted in push/pull at the top of the case in an exhaust configuration. Will this work the best? The air intake comes from the front via a 230mm front fan and 200mm side fan being the main intake, I also have the option of attaching a 120 or even 140 I think in the front as well to push more in faster. The exhaust on the case would be the rear case fan which is a 140mm and the top corsair h100 in push/pull exhausting.

Does this sound like everything should be great for moving air?

Is the Corsair h100 a good cooler? I have read it is on par with the noctua D-14 but it has benefits in that you can use tall heat-sink RAM which I am using (Corsair Vengeance) and it doesn't put really any stress on the mobo due to weight.

·
Registered
540 Posts
i would have it push pull from outside the case so you don't have hot air from inside the case going into the radiator and that way you will have positive pressure in the case to keep dust out of the cracks.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My plan, although I'm waiting on my case, is to mount the H100 on top as exhaust. I am then going to mount the rear 140mm as intake to provide fresh air to the H100. I think it will do just fine like that.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I own the HAF X and the H100 as well. I initially had it in push/pull exhausting out of the case. This worked fine but once I flipped the fans around to intake air from the outside it no joke lowered all temps by 5-7 degrees. If you think about it, it makes sense because the air outside the case is much cooler than the air inside the case.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by immakulate View Post

So in my new build I decided to try out the corsair h100 CLC loop CPU cooler. A friend of mine has one on his sandy bridge set-up and he is able to do a really good over-clock in his 600D case.
Well I have heard a lot of mixed reviews with the h100 online but decided to try it anyways.
I bought the h100 and 4 cougar vortex fans for a push/pull configuration in my case, do you think this was a good choice? The next time I do a build I will most likely do a custom loop, but this time around I am very new to all this and I just want to take it 1 step at a time and learn the basics(This is my first real entire build from the ground up)
I am using a Cooler Master HAF X 942 case and currently my plan is to have the h100 mounted in push/pull at the top of the case in an exhaust configuration. Will this work the best? The air intake comes from the front via a 230mm front fan and 200mm side fan being the main intake, I also have the option of attaching a 120 or even 140 I think in the front as well to push more in faster. The exhaust on the case would be the rear case fan which is a 140mm and the top corsair h100 in push/pull exhausting.
Does this sound like everything should be great for moving air?
Is the Corsair h100 a good cooler? I have read it is on par with the noctua D-14 but it has benefits in that you can use tall heat-sink RAM which I am using (Corsair Vengeance) and it doesn't put really any stress on the mobo due to weight.
So what is the deal with power for this thing? Mine has what looks like a Molex plug but it only has two pins in it and it also has a three pin fan plug in. Do both of these have to be plugged in? Does the three pin get plugged into the cpu fan pins on the mobo? Why does the Molex looking thing only have two pins?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts